• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ichimonji hamo/honekiri, mukimono

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
Here is an interesting one that is almost never seen outside Japan, an Ichimonji 270mm hamokiri in Blue#2 steel. It is from their montanren line, the highest non-honyaki series, and is very impressive to see. Although made to prepare eel and cut through thin bones in the fish, I find it can also be used as a long usuba with practice (I've seen Rokusaburo Michiba do katsuramuki with one). The blade height and thickness are only about 0.5mm thicker than my 210mm usuba.
I bought it direct from Ichimonji 3 years ago, but have only used it a few times and have not sharpened it. Condition is new. The prices for these are usually astronomical (go take a look at Ichimonji or Konosuke), but I'll offer this rare knife for what I paid back before the steel went up and the dollar tanked (almost half current price).
Hamokiri - $375 shipped CONUS

The next knife is a 180mm Monzaburo honkasumi blue#2 mukimono. It is in very good condition, and has a patina on both sides. The handle is half octagon/half round (see picture).
Mukimono - $130 shipped CONUS

Right click view image for full size pictures
Hamo--
IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

Mukimono--
IMG_3715.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

Both Knives are beautiful. Wish it made sense for me to get the mukimono but I think she would be just a looker in the collection!

I tell you that if money was no object I'd buy that hamokiri in a split second - just so bad ass!

That hamokiri is such a deal and such a sweet looking knife.

I really do a community service with some of my sale prices I think, lol. But hopefully they go to people that use them more than I get to.

Hamokiri sold...

DAMN! Found this thread just a little too late... that's what I get for not convulsively stalking this section for a few days. Man, that's a awesome knife at an amazing price... congrats to someone!

so tempted on that Mukimono. If no one picks it up I know I will then, you'll have to tell me how I can use it! :)

Lemme know if it doesn't end up to your liking, I'd get a kick out of playing around with it.

Latest posts

Back