Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $20000 for a natural anybody!

$20000 for a natural anybody!

And i thought Kramers were going for crazy money. This one took my breath away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-nat...item2567773d9d

Nah...that's a typo. It's 20,000 yen!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I have heard of some high grade sword polishing stones going for as much as $3-4K, but not $20K.

Make a cool end table
    Or a good head stone for a knife nut

The most expensive stone I saw was 5,000,000JPY.

The most expensive stone I had a try to sharpen was a 200,000JPY a big egg color Nakayama stone.
    It had a very nice sharpening feeling.

So that 20k is much cheaper.
    If it is worth that money I do not know. You must try it before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    Or a good head stone for a knife nut
    That'd be badass. Flatten the top, put a little chair next to it, so people can sharpen on your grave.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    That'd be badass. Flatten the top, put a little chair next to it, so people can sharpen on your grave.
    This is sounding better and better. Head stone can run 10-20 k and that's at today's prices. My fiancÚ being in the bizz would understand " proper funeral planning" I could then buy the stone and use it till I die having saved on all those inflationary dollars. That way maybe some of you knife nuts would visit my grave. Think of it,

boy I'd like to try/see what using a 20k j-nat is like, I got let's go visit chef Niloc's grave
    it could be like a be like a pilgrimage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    This is sounding better and better. Head stone can run 10-20 k and that's at today's prices. My fiancÚ being in the bizz would understand " proper funeral planning" I could then buy the stone and use it till I die having saved on all those inflationary dollars. That way maybe some of you knife nuts would visit my grave. Think of it,

it could be like a be like a pilgrimage.
    When I frequented the board more often, this would have sounded like a great plan... having cut back on indulging my knife nut desire to read every thread.... well it sounds a bit "crazy," and "cult-like."

how do they price these naturals? is it supply and demand, or is it the value of the sum of its parts.