Greetings from North Carolina

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorax

Reaction score
Been looking for an awesome forum to enjoy discussions about Japanese knives and sharpening and this is that cool place! Thanks!

Cool, closer to Asheville than myself in G'boro, makes me jealous. You also have a much better food scene than we do here. :hungry:

The Triangle in central North Carolina (Piedmont) including Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill has some of the most tasty food in the country. I am continually impressed with the joints that open up around here. I think we have every ethnicity and food type covered. My favorite is the high quality buffets. Outside of Vegas, I know of no other place with the sheer # of quality buffets. I'm from Boston, and to be honest, NC blows away Mass. the food department.

We even have an authentic Asian market (Grand Asia) that has live fish, all parts of the chicken, cow, pig... Every Asian fresh ingredient and my favorite are the Peking ducks, long strips of char sui... This Thai place I go (Far East Pho) offers a Bun Bo Hue that is a religious experience. Yea for some reason the triangle is food meca of the south. I've got an Italian Import grocer (Capri Flavors) that I can walk into and order 2 pounds of San Danielli proscuttio and mortadella cut on that red hand crank slicer, 5 min from my house. We have a whole fish retailer too (Earps). I can walk in and buy the seasonal catch for what the supermarkets sell it for. There is a four-year cooking school too. World class farmers market. Asheville gets a lot of deserved press, but let me tell ya baby, the triangle got it going on. Sorry for the rant, food gets me excited.

Most people in NC think the know what good BBQ is, so did I until I went to Picnic. Until last week, I've never had the good stuff.

http://www.picnicdurham.com/

Panda, you need to come home.

Thanks for the nice welcome. Looking forward to learning more about Japanese knives. If it's sharp and from Japan, I probably want it!

Back