Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: Custom orders.

Custom orders.

I'm going to "gently" open up for it again.

How to:
    Send me a pm or email to robin@dalmanknives.com and detail what you want, I'll get back with a rough time estimate and price. Consider things like handle materials, preferred handle size and balance point. For custom blade profile, I will probably ask for a printable correctly scaled file.

The more you leave up to me, the better price I will offer you. Because of the time they take, western handles and sayas will be a little pricier. Same goes for metal spacers in a handle, which is also something I have a bit of dislike for

I'm going to try to keep things "straight" and charge reasonably for the work. Payment is due when knife is shown and ready for delievery.

I used to be a little to generous and I felt like communications sometimes got a bit excessive, but I DO enjoy custom projects

Also, I'm open to most things, want just a blade made or semimade? Don't hesitate to ask.

I'm going to try and get all new order questions sorted and answer them once per week. So I much much prefer all new orders/inquirys per email; Robin@dalmanknives.com

Thanks

Remind me we need to chat about my order. Thinking false edge on the kogatana muhahahaha

P.S. Robin is amazing to work with, of all the customs and knife dealers I've used, he is by far the best at communication and trust me I can be demanding.

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post

P.S. Robin is amazing to work with, of all the customs and knife dealers I've used, he is by far the best at communication and trust me I can be demanding.
    +1

+2
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Remind me we need to chat about my order. Thinking false edge on the kogatana muhahahaha

alterwisser
    very knoife
    Out of all people I have ever dealt with, YOU are the best

I need to pause the orders for a bit. So it will be Not taking new custom orders a while. I will work to catch up, but intend to put a small portion of work towards to webstore as well.

Good to hear that you have all the business that you can handle. Enjoying what I have, not ruling out future purchases