Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 10
Page 10 of 280 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Chocolate milk.
    Do you drink it with a straw

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Just picked up a bottle of Ardmore Traditional Cask ... anyone ever try this whisky? It seemed like a good deal.

A glass of Old Pogue bourbon from a bottle that I purchased last year in Bardstown, Kentucky.

last night - water...... and coffee grown on the Big Island

Never had the pogue, but that sounds gooood. Man, would a drink be nice tonight. Feel a head cold comin' on so maybe something with a bit of fire behind it... I'm thinking Old Potrero 18th Century.

I think I've tried the Ardmore... Though maybe not. I remember it as being fairly peaty which would be unusual for a highland... If it's what I'm thinking of though, it's fairly tasty.

Mmmm, Old Potrero... all the Anchor Steam distilled spirits are unique and memorable.

I used to be able to find Junipero pretty easily here in CO but not so much anymore.

I picked a bottle of Old Potrero 18th century style too! Unfortunately I'm sending it to my dad.

The Ardmore is supposed to be fairly peaty, so it probably is the dram you're thinking of, can't wait to try it. I'm looking for good values and I'm thinking that in order to satisfy my thirst for peat smoke I might have been better of with the Arbeg ten year ... oh well.

Beer tonight is New Belgium 1554

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    Just picked up a bottle of Ardmore Traditional Cask ... anyone ever try this whisky? It seemed like a good deal.
    Mmmmm....Ardmore.

Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    I'm thinking that in order to satisfy my thirst for peat smoke I might have been better of with the Arbeg ten year ... oh well.
    The Ardbeg ten I remember comes with peat, to be sure. But it also comes with a healthy dose of iodine and salinity. I mean, the Port Charlotte and most stuff from Ardbeg are absolute peat bombs, to be sure, and while both from Islay, they're completely different drams. For straight smoke and affordable, the Caol Ila 12 and Bowmore 12 (if you REALLY want smoke). You can find both sub $35 if you keep your eyes out. But the Ardmore was a perfectly nice dram if I recall right, so I think you'll enjoy it.

Justin 2007 cabernet.