Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 110
Page 110 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2810

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

I had only read up to CdP 2009 when I said to myself "Don't do it!" Just seems way too young to me, even though I have been known for infanticide especially with young Australian fruit bombs... Out here on a tropical island I just don't find myself drinking many reds anymore, well, I always was deeper into whites anyway. I was thinking about a Doenhoff Riesling tonight, but I had a headache all day, so I may leave that for tomorrow.

Stefan

main & geary 2009 petite syrah I love this wine
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Engorged Member
    Home made sour cherry and pear cider. Its as close to the perfect drink for the warmer weather.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a shot of Buffalo Trace for breakfast. Maybe a glass of sake to come.

Summer weather in Seoul. Earlier it was soju at a BBQ. Now it's my own sangria w/ lotsa ice.

Stefan, glad to learn you're also into fine wines. I love those Donnhoff rieslings. And with all the fish you must get in Hawaii, wow, what a treat. I just got back from a trip to the north of Italy and, in addition to paying a visit to Otzi the ice man mummy in Bolzano, tried to drink as much riesling as I could from the place that does it best (more or less, since Austria is around the corner). They're about half the price or less over there.

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a shot of Buffalo Trace for breakfast. Maybe a glass of sake to come.
    Ooh..Buffalo Trace hits home!! We've been entertaining a lot late summer...that means my whites take a hit. No worries, as long as I find a 'co conspirator' to keep bourbon in the mix...

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Sierra Nevada pale ale and Pilsener Urquell - that's what's cold. Just not yet sure whether I will have them with dinner or as dinner, too lazy to go shopping right now... An old German saying is that 7 beers replace a meal
    Stefan
    Most enjoyable beer for me was in Germany
    But I know there is no way I can consume at one time 7 of the beers shown on Dave's cool picture on page 106 - would brag if I drank the 3 and consider that a meal
    tonight - Okunomatsu Tokubetsu Junmai w/ Shrimp bento

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Stefan, glad to learn you're also into fine wines. I love those Donnhoff rieslings. And with all the fish you must get in Hawaii, wow, what a treat. I just got back from a trip to the north of Italy and, in addition to paying a visit to Otzi the ice man mummy in Bolzano, tried to drink as much riesling as I could from the place that does it best (more or less, since Austria is around the corner). They're about half the price or less over there.
    Wait - does that mean you think Austrian rieslings are better than the Germans? Actually, I like both, grew up with dry German rieslings, ventured a bit into the off-dry and sweet world, but my favorites usually are still nice dry ones. And the Austrians have really done an excellent job with those over the past 2 decades (as hard as it is to admit Austrians doing anything well ). Reminds me, I am out of Gruener Veltliner which, interestingly, is easier to get here than any dry riesling.

Passed on the Doenhoff again, feeling more like beer tonight, so it's Idiot IPA for me right now. First time I had it, very hoppy, almost overpoweringly (is that a word?) so.

Ken, I never was sure what serving size that referred to. The times where I could have 7 pints are also long behind me...

Stefan

Pilsener Urquell,Japansch Zaky Barley Spirits