Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 111
Page 111 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2804

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Rogue Voodoo Doughnuts Maple Bacon Beer, Ballast Point Pale Ale, Coronado Brewing Company Idiot IPA, Noah's Mill Kentucky Straight Bourbon and of course, the last of my Buffalo Trace. I have a headache.

My First Blueberry Schnapps that I learned to make when I was in Denmark visiting friends.
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Sorry to take it away from your favorite beers and ales, but I love wine and followed some advice by none other than Robert Parker and splurged tonight on a Chateauneuf-du-Pape, 2009, from Les Callioux, producer Andre Brunel. I'm not even gonna tell you how much I paid for the bottle, but I decided to break it out with a pan-seared skirt steak and simple reduction sauce made with the same wine. Steak was great, wine sucked. Tannic, not really ready to drink but it probably never would be. I try not to make too much of his numbers but Parker gave it a 92 and I just don't get it. Just couldn't find the fruit or the pleasure in it. . . . Back to my favorite everyday red, Marietta Cellars Old Vine Red.
    It's sad that bottle sucked. Had some Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieux Telegraphe 2006 that was the "bees knees" not too long ago. I'm not really into wine(thank God for my bank acct!) but do enjoy a good bottle with company every now and again.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

As this is Korea, tonight we were are a BBQ (beef + all the seasonal side dishes) and the drink was 막걸리 (usually written as makkoli or magkeolli), a Korean rice brew. It's great and costs about $1 USD per 750ml bottle, or usually $3 in a restaurant. http://kr.promotion.yahoo.com/korea1...k.html?intl=sg ... Back home now, I'm having 매실주 (maeshil ju), the less sweet Korean version of Japanese 梅酒 (umeshu) or plum wine. Love this stuff too, and as a matter of fact I've made a batch that supposedly should be ready around Christmas. I'm having the 매실주 with ice and fizzy water - just like 'umeshu soda' which you always find in Japanese izakayas. Check http://www.myepikorean.com/2008/05/k...maesil-ju.html

I doubt makkoli is available at all in the US, if that's where you live, while I'm sure Japanese umeshu is. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried these drinks?

Springbank 18. i found out tonight that a good friend of mine, albeit somebody i hadn't seen in two years, died last friday, under strange circumstances, while i was on my honeymoon. he would have loved this Springbank. RIP Matt.

Sorry about your loss, but that is a worthy dram to remember a friend.

Stefan

Deschute's Inversion IPA. O.k. But won't become a favorite. Does not go well with butter mochi either

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Deschute's Inversion IPA. O.k. But won't become a favorite. Does not go well with butter mochi either

Stefan
    Not my favorite either

Hope Estate 2008 "Ripper" Shiraz
    Mcwilliam's Mount Henry "Leontine" Chardonnay 2011
    2008 De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ Botrytis Semillon, Riverina

A nice dinner tonight!

Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barley Wine!!!!!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig