Page 16 of 284 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by bishamon View Post
    Celebrator doppelbock
    Is that what you drink after you unload a bunch of knives and create a mini-frenzy of knife buying? Btw, buying your knives actually interrupted my drinking

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Dude, after packing up all those knives the last two days and sorting what's going where I needed a drink. Not looking forward to the post office bill, lol.

Just finishing off my 1st beer.

Little Sumpin' Wild Ale
    Lagunitas Brewing Co
    Petaluma, CA

It's crazy good, I didn't know what I was missing out on!
    I just want to pound the whole 6er right here and now.
    It is 9.4% ABV, so I should likely watch my intake if I plan to accomplish anything tonight, lol.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I'm having one now as well!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Left Coast "Hop Juice" Double IPA

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Is that any good? I've tried a couple of other pumpkin beverages, but they all sucked.
    It's OK. To me it's a little too spiced and a bit sweet. I'm not a big flavor added guy though. My buddy loves pumpkin beer, so I get to try a lot of them, like it or not.
    AFAIK Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale is as good as it gets. It's the only one I've ever tried that I would actually buy for myself.

Doubtful you could get it where you are though.

Do you get stuff APO? If it's simple/possible to send something like that to you I wouldn't mind dropping a few bottles in the mail.
    PM me if you are interested, I would appreciate the opportunity to buy you a beer.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Well, my car had been in the shop with electrical problems and the error codes indcated that it needed a new cam position sensor and a new computer. Since first the Chrysler guy gave me a wrong part number and then the company I ordered a computer from messed up my order, the car was in the shop for 11 days and in the end I had to get a rental for a few days just to get my basics organized. Yesterday I picked up the car, total damage $650 (I got a refurbished computer for $200 with warranty compared to the $850 Chrysler wanted), but the mechanic told me that the engine light is still on with a new error code - turns out that the Chrysler guy has given me the wrong part number AGAIN and the computer is searching for a valve that my model doesn't have. But the mechanic said he tested the car and all seems to work well, so I took it home, drove it around a bit, and tried to decide whether I should replace the computer again if it works as it is. Well, this was answered this morning whe my car didn't start and had exactly the same symptoms it had 2 weeks and $650 ago. Car is back in the shop, another computer ordered, and maybe the alternator has issues as well. Chrysler Sebring 2002 with 27,000 (!) miles. Piece of sh^%.

So, I don't yet know what I will be drinking tonight, but it will probably be a lot of it.

Stefan

lol, sh!t, maybe I need to send YOU a beer.

I'm not sure the world is a better place with computers in cars. I've been where you are now and it's really frustrating, like throwing darts in the dark. I hope this sorts it for you.

In the mean time... I think this is the occasion tequila exists for!

Ketel

Vodka straight with a half ice cube.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson