Page 194 of 284 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2839

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

I usually don't drink on school nights but I had a Hebrew Funky Jewbilation last night it was so good

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Victory Prima Pils & High West Son of Bourye
    21st Amendment Bitter American & Ransom's WhipperSnapper Oregon Spirit Whiskey
    I love me some Bitter American. I'm looking forward to Hell Or High Warermelon to hit the shelves here. A great summertime wheat. I had a few Allies Win The War and a couple of Hop Crisis the other night. 21st is one of my favorite breweries, we besides mine of course, lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Kern River Isabella blonde

Opened a bottle of an excellent riesling last night, going to finish it tonight.

Ganz Horn Im Sonnenschein GG 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lechef View Post
    Opened a bottle of an excellent riesling last night, going to finish it tonight.

Ganz Horn Im Sonnenschein GG 2007

Tasting notes plzz!

For me it was a very good riesling. Taste of oak, and a lot of sweet acidity(almost fruity, hard to describe, but its a Pfalz so...). Short, but very pleasant finish.

Quote Originally Posted by lechef View Post
    For me it was a very good riesling. Taste of oak, and a lot of sweet acidity(almost fruity, hard to describe, but its a Pfalz so...). Short, but very pleasant finish.
    I don't know this one but being a GG (the German equivalent of a grand cru), this almost still feels like infanticide to me Also wondering: It would be very unusual if this wine were oaked but the maker is known for wines with strong mineral tones IIRC. Could that be what you tasted or did they actually start oaking them? I have to go home soon, need to catch up on the recent vintages...

Stefan

Yeah, Im no expert but love wine and try to educate myself a bit every day, and for me it tasted a bit oaked. Maybe there are better words describing what I tasted but thats what I come up with. Although, its not very dominant, its the "acidic fruityness" I remember the most about the wine.

2011 Efeste Adrienne Chardonnay.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Farnito 2007 Toscana.
    Conrad.