(13) Booker Oublier
    (14) Booker Alchemist
    (15) Tamarack cellars Sagemoor reserve.
    (16) Pisoni Lucy Roae
    (17) Jolie bouche Efeste
    (18) Denner Viongnier

All good.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Ok, I am replying to my own post. The fact I mustered enough brain cells in the wee hours to document all 19 bottles that were consumed is mildly amusing. Unfortunately, the headache prevents enjoyment of such amusements.

A good chunk of the wine was consumed by chuckles, justin0505, and heldentenor, so I cannot take all the credit. I also can't take credit for that half bottle of gin.

Knives were plentiful between bottles, and I would post a picture if I could find my phone. I lost my phone in my own house it seems. But after choosing to sleep on the floor of my bathroom, I can't really expect too much.

Corrections: I repeated #10 and misspelled rose and viognier.

k.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Ok, check this list out:

(1) Rasa Dream Deferred Chardonnay
    (2) Booker My Favorite Neighbor
    (3) Demetria rose 2012
    (4) Denner Dirt Worshipper
    (5) Abeja Viognier
    (6) Tensley 2011 Syrah Noir
    (7) Epoch Estate Rose 2012
    (8) Denner Ditch Digger
    (9) Torrin The Maven 2010
    (10) Tensley Lea Rose
    (10) Corliss 2008 Syrah
    (11) Zepaltas La Cruz Vineyard
    (12) Auteur Manchester Ridge Vineyard
    (13) Booker Oublier
    (14) Booker Alchemist
    (16) Pisoni Lucy Roae
    (17) Jolie bouche Efeste
    (18) Denner Viongnier

All good.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Haha, I was wondering how you could list them after consuming them. But it looks like you guys had a memorable evening, even if remembering details may be difficult

Stefan

Last night: 2001 Joseph Angel Gully Shiraz.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

How about tasting notes, particularly the booker which I have but not cracked

What year Denners I love that stuff

Also the Lucy I have two new 2012 s that I've not tried yet

Your alignment with my taste is scary !!!

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    How about tasting notes, particularly the booker which I have but not cracked

What year Denners I love that stuff

Also the Lucy I have two new 2012 s that I've not tried yet

Your alignment with my taste is scary !!!
    Tasting notes might be difficult. The pace of consumption spread over 10 adults doesn't allow a lot of time for reflection, and the unfortunate thing is that a lot of wines aren't aired out as much as they should. Oh well. With that said, I really like the Lucy rose. From what I remember it was well-balanced with nice strawberry notes. The Lucy and Epoch were my favorite roses we tried.

The Denners were '09 and the Bookers were 2010. The Bookers were amazing. They are big wines with lots of dark fruit with a really smooth and creamy mouth feel. The Alchemist was my favorite.

k.

This get together in MN ?

If you ever do one in chicago I can definetly bring wine to complement that list !!! weve discussed several things, some nice Kosta Browne would slide in well also soem Mother of Exiles !!

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Ok, check this list out:

(1) Rasa Dream Deferred Chardonnay
    (2) Booker My Favorite Neighbor
    (3) Demetria rose 2012
    (4) Denner Dirt Worshipper
    (5) Abeja Viognier
    (6) Tensley 2011 Syrah Noir
    (7) Epoch Estate Rose 2012
    (8) Denner Ditch Digger
    (9) Torrin The Maven 2010
    (10) Tensley Lea Rose
    (10) Corliss 2008 Syrah
    (11) Zepaltas La Cruz Vineyard
    (12) Auteur Manchester Ridge Vineyard
    (13) Booker Oublier
    (14) Booker Alchemist
    (16) Pisoni Lucy Roae
    (17) Jolie bouche Efeste
    (18) Denner Viongnier

All good.

k.
    Even if it WAS split between you, chuckles, justin and heldentenor... how the hell are you guys still alive? My liver would have given up and seceded WELL before I got to even the Ditch Digger.

I mean, holy heck guys. 3 Denners, 3 Bookers ... These ain't exactly low alcohol... Templeton doesn't DO low alcohol wines... Also, what years on the Alchemist, Oublier, Dirt Worshipper and Digger? Wife wants to crack some, but I'm thinking they need WAY more time (they're only '10s and '09s). I realize it'll be hazy, but any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Even if it WAS split between you, chuckles, justin and heldentenor... how the hell are you guys still alive? My liver would have given up and seceded WELL before I got to even the Ditch Digger.

I mean, holy heck guys. 3 Denners, 3 Bookers ... These ain't exactly low alcohol... Templeton doesn't DO low alcohol wines... Also, what years on the Alchemist, Oublier, Dirt Worshipper and Digger? Wife wants to crack some, but I'm thinking they need WAY more time (they're only '10s and '09s). I realize it'll be hazy, but any thoughts?
    We were lucky to have others helping out too, so it wasn't just us -- though we may have pulled the wagon a bit more than others. They all probably could have waited a bit longer, but I didn't feel any of them were too raw. And you are correct on the alcohol content. A handful of them were above 15. The '08 Corliss might have been my favorite. It was really elegant and tasty.

k.

I have 11 Bookers which i havent touched yet, i started on Denner with 09's though and have drank all of them with the exception of a couple of bottles of Mother of exiles, I have 10's which are not touched.

The 09 Denners are great, my opinion is that aged wine is overrated, yes it gets smoother butyou dont buy Denner for a delicate smooth wine you buy it for in your face fruit and vibrancy, the )9 is in its prime from my viewpoint and you should get opening !! past about 6 years i find that vibrancy disappears and is replaced with smoother but less interesting stuff.

Would you rather have sex with a hot 21 year old who was inexperienced but keen and active as hell or the 45 year old who was pretty but took it slow and easy.

Your choice !!