Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 234
Page 234 of 279 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2786

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    EC is a Heaven Hill produced bourbon, so you will probably enjoy some of their other products as companies tend to use the same mashbill for some/all of their lines. Age, proof and barrel selection are what determine one brand from another. There are 18 and 21 year old Elijah Craigs which will probably be expensive and hard to find. There is also a barrel proof version of the Elijah Craig 12, which here retails for about $42 which makes it a heck of a deal. That would be my #1 suggestion, but that can also be hard to find. Other things that come from Heaven Hill (or might as the mysterious world of Non Distilling Producers goes) include Evan Williams, Henry McKenna, Old Fitzgerald, Parker's Heritage, and Michter's 10 year old. They also produce two wheat whiskies, Bernheim and Larceny. Maker's Mark is also a wheat whiskey, so if this wasn't one of your favorites, don't bother. If they were, try the Larceny.

So in short, I would look for Elijah Craig 18yo or 12yo Barrel Proof, Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10yo, Parker's Heritage 7th Edition "Promise of Hope", Michter's 10yo, or Larceny.

Right now I am enjoying some Michter's 10 year old, barrel #2341.

Great info to broaden one's horizon, thanks!

Stefan

kahlua and cream....had one last week and damn they remind me of when I was 13-14 and in vegas for the first time lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    EC is a Heaven Hill produced bourbon, so you will probably enjoy some of their other products as companies tend to use the same mashbill for some/all of their lines. Age, proof and barrel selection are what determine one brand from another. There are 18 and 21 year old Elijah Craigs which will probably be expensive and hard to find. There is also a barrel proof version of the Elijah Craig 12, which here retails for about $42 which makes it a heck of a deal. That would be my #1 suggestion, but that can also be hard to find. Other things that come from Heaven Hill (or might as the mysterious world of Non Distilling Producers goes) include Evan Williams, Henry McKenna, Old Fitzgerald, Parker's Heritage, and Michter's 10 year old. They also produce two wheat whiskies, Bernheim and Larceny. Maker's Mark is also a wheat whiskey, so if this wasn't one of your favorites, don't bother. If they were, try the Larceny.

So in short, I would look for Elijah Craig 18yo or 12yo Barrel Proof, Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10yo, Parker's Heritage 7th Edition "Promise of Hope", Michter's 10yo, or Larceny.

Right now I am enjoying some Michter's 10 year old, barrel #2341.
    It is surprising how many labels originate from the same places.

George Dickel no12 Tennessee Sour Mash Whisky
    Vestigia nulla retrorsum.

off to teach Renaissance swordsmanship.......fueled up with....

Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 2013 125th Anniversary
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Goose Island Sixth Day

technically a doppelbock, but tastes like a Belgian quad.

2011 Linne Calodo Rising Tides.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Saratoga Sparkling Spring Water, Stillwater Artisinal Classique and Bruichladdich Port Charlotte The Peat Project Islay Single Malt Scotch.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney