Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 243
Page 243 of 281 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2810

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    It was actually the regular version not the estate, I still have four bottles of that left which I'm trying to save !! But it's not easy.

What are you hearing about 2012 from your trip ?
    Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Let us know how it turns out
    Bravo.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Just had:

Highland Park 10yo

Now switched to a private (Kintra Netherlands) bottling of Bunnahabhain 23yo from 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Nice. And some Dickel rye?
    Yep, I've been trying various low budget Rye's to find the one that I love for my Old Fashioned.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

a good old coors banquet for now but vacation started today so you never know

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Yep, I've been trying various low budget Rye's to find the one that I love for my Old Fashioned.
    I like the Dickel rye. It is made in Indiana (by MGP/LDI) like a LOT of the young ryes you see on the market. But they charcoal filter it (like all TN whiskey) and they don't overcharge for it (like some "artisan" micro distillers who actually don't distill anything at all and just sell a story).

Rittenhouse Bottle in Bond 100 proof is my go to cocktail/well rye. Sazerac and Wild Turkey Rye 101 are also good if they are available in your area, but they are usually more than Ritt or Dickel.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I like the Dickel rye. It is made in Indiana (by MGP/LDI) like a LOT of the young ryes you see on the market. But they charcoal filter it (like all TN whiskey) and they don't overcharge for it (like some "artisan" micro distillers who actually don't distill anything at all and just sell a story).

Rittenhouse Bottle in Bond 100 proof is my go to cocktail/well rye. Sazerac and Wild Turkey Rye 101 are also good if they are available in your area, but they are usually more than Ritt or Dickel.
    Thanks Johnny, I will try them out!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Lapse night I had the Cypher 2009 loco with a Cuaba Salomones cigar, absolutely fantastic, big bold fruity but with enough acidity and tannin to match, an absolute giant of a wine and fantastic value at around $40

Then had a wide range of spirits

Johnny walker platinum, very good, smooth Hiong of peat, nice sherry style sweet finish
    Pappy van winkle 12, not that great, lacks complexity
    Pappy 10, much better but still not the same as I remember
    Jeffersons rye, very good depth
    A one year old home made bourbon, very good, similar to a makers.couldnt believe it was home made

Yards Thomas Jefferson's Tavern Ale.

Not enough but that's about to change.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Havana Club 7 year straight.