Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 262
Page 262 of 281 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2805

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

König Ludwig Weissbier

Knob Creek Bourbon

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain
    brianb

Herman Story Casual Encounters. I'd check the year, but I am too lazy to walk to the bottle.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Herman Story Casual Encounters. I'd check the year, but I am too lazy to walk to the bottle.

k.
    You cracked any 12 s yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    You cracked any 12 s yet ?
    No I haven't. I didn't even open the box, just stacked it with the rest of the boxes that are flowing in and wrote Fall 2014/2015 on it.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Now that I live near Napa and Sonoma, where to start? FWIW, I got a case from Imagery Winery the first week I was here. I'm going this weekend, estate recommendations welcome.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Now that I live near Napa and Sonoma, where to start? FWIW, I got a case from Imagery Winery the first week I was here. I'm going this weekend, estate recommendations welcome.
    What part exactly are you going to? A lot of the best places have limited opening times or you have to call to set up an appointment. And in Napa and Sonoma they have higher tasting fees, so my rule is in these cases is to never pay for mediocre wine.

Though I will admit I have never been to Napa. It was out of my budget before I had a budget.

k.

2000 Ch. Brane Cantenac.

I'm down to my last bottle now.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    What part exactly are you going to? A lot of the best places have limited opening times or you have to call to set up an appointment. And in Napa and Sonoma they have higher tasting fees, so my rule is in these cases is to never pay for mediocre wine.

Though I will admit I have never been to Napa. It was out of my budget before I had a budget.

k.
    I live 30 minutes away, probably less. Actually, if I wanted to I could live here and easily commute to work. I don't have a plan on what estate or winery to go to; hence, looking for places to make appointments with. Normally, if you join their wine club then you can taste wine for free, among many other perks. So where are the hidden or in plain-site gems?

Jason

PS Napa and Sonoma are right next to each other, while it's a fairly large area it's not something you can't see in a day.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    I live 30 minutes away, probably less. Actually, if I wanted to I could live here and easily commute to work. I don't have a plan on what estate or winery to go to; hence, looking for places to make appointments with. Normally, if you join their wine club then you can taste wine for free, among many other perks. So where are the hidden or in plain-site gems?

Jason

PS Napa and Sonoma are right next to each other, while it's a fairly large area it's not something you can't see in a day.
    I'll jot down some of the wineries that I keep on my to-do list. I did do a bit of research last fall as I was going to make a trip to Sonoma, but I canceled it. You are correct in that Napa and the Sonoma town/valley area are small, but Sonoma stretches things a bit north with all the sub AVAs (russian river, dry creek, anderson valley, among others). The distance isn't so much the problem, it is fitting in the drinking along the way

karring