Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 266
+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 277 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2761

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Blue Chair Bay coconut rum...over ice. Amazingly drinkable chilled. There's a second bottle here somewhere.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

A lot. But here are two special bottles that were among the 10 or so that were emptied tonight.

The first was a bottle of 2010 Saxum Heart Stone Vineyard, which was a gift. It is with a very special bear.

The second is a 1990 Muller-Catoir (also a gift) from the amazing handle meister. Thank you sir. It was enjoyed by four forum members and their significant others and was spectacular.

Karring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-31.jpg‎
Views:	15
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	23281   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-30.jpg‎
Views:	13
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	23280  

"In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Karring

How was the Heart Stone, I had my first saxum, 2011 Broken Stones the other day and I love that **** !!!

I now have 11 bottles stashed ( after I cradle robbed the 2011 ) but I have 8 more aged coming, 2 of each of the 2006 Broken stones, 2007 Broken stones, 2008 heart stone and 2009 JB Bone rock I cant wait to start breaking into those bad boys.

On other fronts I tried Desperada which was OK but not great, tried Dark Star which I loved !! FANTASTIC WINE at great value. Also joined Liquid farm for Chablis like Chards, im going to try the Ceritas as well

Losing it a bit with Cypher and herman Story, very good but they are getting a bit repetitive and dull I like to be stimulated bot the drink the same as last time.

Drinking the Bedrock Albarino tonight, great summer wine

Perrier.

1972 Chateau Phelan Segur

Took a wine group through an Edna Valley Tasting last night.

1. Alban Viognier 2012
    2. Bishop's Peak Pinot Noir 2011
    3. Talley Rincon Pinot Noir 2011
    4. Sinor-Lavallee "Talley Rincon" Pinot Noir 2010
    5. Domaine Alfred Califa Pinot Noir 2005
    6. Alban "Patrina" 2011

Cool little tasting. The Rincon is going to be amazing in a few years, and if you've never had the Sinor-LaVallee, you owe it to yourself to give it a try. Mike Sinor really knows his stuff when it comes to Pinot.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    The second is a 1990 Muller-Catoir (also a gift) from the amazing handle meister. Thank you sir. It was enjoyed by four forum members and their significant others and was spectacular.

Karring
    Just saw this. Glad you liked it, it really is a nice example of what you can do with that grape.

I am still on water and cough syrup, myself, not even tempted to drink anything with alcohol in it right now. I really must be sick,

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by chefbolchoz View Post
    I totally know what you mean, I try to drink something new every time and just see where it takes me, just happened to get lucky at my local craft bar Schatzi's, who brought a keg in this week.
    That is amazing, I would have come back with a car full of growlers

Bourbon, Eagle Rare. My birthday, so I going do down a few (no not an 0 birthday, but I've had a bunch of them).

Martin Ray 2012 chard. Quaffable and refreshing- 82 degrees here in Seattle!

+ Reply to Thread