Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 267
Page 267 of 279 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2786

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by cadberry View Post
    1972 Chateau Phelan Segur
    I'm intrigued how this was, a 40 year old wine from a horrible year. conventuals wisdom is this would be vinegar love to hear how it actually was

Four roses single barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    I'm intrigued how this was, a 40 year old wine from a horrible year. conventuals wisdom is this would be vinegar love to hear how it actually was
    It was surprisingly decent. It definitely has lost a bit but tasted better than a bordeaux I bought in the store which is a Grand Cru but was very sour. The Phelan still had a decent finish. I'd be curious to learn more about why that was a bad year and where one would learn more about french wines and the history. Cheers

Anthony

Lagavulin 16yo single malt tonight!

is this thread dead ??

2012 herman Story Tomboy Voignier followed by 2011 4 V naked chard

Brooklyn Local 2.

pappy 15

Yup!

Local Hawaiian vodka, made from cane sugar, lava filtered. Nice and smooth, very drinkable as a shot straight out of the freezer.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Karring

How was the Heart Stone, I had my first saxum, 2011 Broken Stones the other day and I love that **** !!!

I now have 11 bottles stashed ( after I cradle robbed the 2011 ) but I have 8 more aged coming, 2 of each of the 2006 Broken stones, 2007 Broken stones, 2008 heart stone and 2009 JB Bone rock I cant wait to start breaking into those bad boys.

On other fronts I tried Desperada which was OK but not great, tried Dark Star which I loved !! FANTASTIC WINE at great value. Also joined Liquid farm for Chablis like Chards, im going to try the Ceritas as well

Losing it a bit with Cypher and herman Story, very good but they are getting a bit repetitive and dull I like to be stimulated bot the drink the same as last time.

Drinking the Bedrock Albarino tonight, great summer wine
    The Heart Stone was really, really nice. The grape grower for Justin Smith gave a few of us a tour of his vineyard and let us have a bottle upon parting. It was a good time. I was actually much more impressed with the Saxum wine than I thought I would. I thought it might just be sort of over-the-top big and bold, but I felt it was elegant and balanced all the way. The grower said that Heart Stone is traditionally one of the vineyards that Justin Smith tries new things out for his wines FWIW.

I envy your stash of Saxum. And I hear you on moving on when things get boring. I often drop lists/clubs when that happens.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Local Hawaiian vodka, made from cane sugar, lava filtered. Nice and smooth, very drinkable as a shot straight out of the freezer.

Stefan
    Now you are talking -- vodka. No matter how much I drink of other stuff in life (even wine). Drinking (and sipping) chilled vodka straight is easily my drink of choice.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote