Page 280 of 286 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2858

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Amazing story....two cases, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I collect bourbon (and some rye). A friend of mine (who also collects) came upon someone who had two sealed wooden crate cases (12 quarts in each) of two different ryes. An Old Overholt distilled in 1934 and bottled in 1940 and a BPR distilled in 1937 and bottled in 1941. He couldn't afford to buy them all, so he split them up with some other people like myself. So now I have a bottle of each.
    I need better friends like that. Best I can hope for from my friends is sharing a case of Bud with born on date 25 days prior.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Excellent Vesteroid!! Joe Davis is amazing. His bottles -- while pushing into the higher priced-range -- are really good deals IMO since he basically cellars them for you until they are ready to drink. When I tasted with him a few years back he told this story that the bank kept hounding him about his loans and saying: "You know Joe, you are in the business of selling wine not storing wine."

All the best growers send their fruit to Joe. Just read through the wines he has available -- it is literally a central coast hall of fame of vineyards: pisoni, stolpman, fiddlestix, dierberg, clos pepe, Garys, purisma, etc.

As for me, I have an '09 Bordeaux and before that had some Kinero Chard out of Paso from Anthony Yount.

k.
    Funny you say that. It's the only club I have ever increased my purchasing from. I dropped hobel and a few others this year and doubled up on joes wines. I had a 2000 Syrah from him that I think was my wine of my lifetime so far....I usually buy a case of the older Syrahs every time he
    It's them on sale, and take two each year from the club. Joe is one of only 4 people I buy from these days that is not retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesteroid View Post
    Funny you say that. It's the only club I have ever increased my purchasing from. I dropped hobel and a few others this year and doubled up on joes wines. I had a 2000 Syrah from him that I think was my wine of my lifetime so far....I usually buy a case of the older Syrahs every time he
    It's them on sale, and take two each year from the club. Joe is one of only 4 people I buy from these days that is not retail.
    I just purchased six bottles (literally one minute ago).

2007 Sleepy Hollow - Chardonnay
    2008 Fiddlestix
    2003 Hommage MX
    2008 Pisoni
    2006 Hommage MX
    2005 Stolpman

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Old Forester 2012 Birthday Bourbon.

Aquavit from Ikea. Cheap and good.

I woke up outside on my porch and feel like forty dollars.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I just purchased six bottles (literally one minute ago).

2007 Sleepy Hollow - Chardonnay
    2008 Fiddlestix
    2003 Hommage MX
    2008 Pisoni
    2006 Hommage MX
    2005 Stolpman

k.

The 2008 Pisonis are supposed to be great. I had the 2010 Pisoni Estate on Saturday and loved it.

Just finished a 2007 homage max from Arcadian with some tri tip points grilled with onion, mushroom, and asparagus

Awesome wine

I just put in my order for Clos Solene out of Paso. It is going to be really difficult for me to not order as much 2012 and 2013 wines in the next couple years. These are a couple really good CA vintages.

As for Pisoni, Alan, I am still on the wait list, but I get the Lucia allocation. I forgot about it this year though.

k.