Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 43
Page 43 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

I'm drinking more cheap beer while I listen to records and wait for my vegan stew to finish (I'm not vegan but I'm an accomodating host).

Morimoto Soba Ale
    Tom

A New York brewer, Southern Tier, Imperial Mokah. Chocolate, coffee, and a bunch of fermentables. A true dessert beer, very tasty!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Tea's tea Lemongrass green tea...

What? Not every night can be whiskey

Ardbeg 10. Again. Sorry, I like it. A lot.

And where are all the scotch drinkers? Christmas is coming and I need suggestions (Islay malts preferred, pleeze!)

Just out of curiousity, why Islay? Do you just like the heavy peated style?

Bruichladdich just issued what is probably their first release using their new stock. The 'Laddie' I think. It's Islay, but I think this one is un-peated. Of course, also out of Bruichladdich, you could go for one of the Port Charlotte expressions which can be VERY peaty.

I'm looking forward to a care package from K+L with these two guys. I was told they both just hit the warehouse. Should be fun tasting!
    http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1078549
    http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1077289

I can't get enough of the peat! So far, I've tried 2 expressions of Ardbeg (10 & uigeadail), & the Laphroaig quarter cask. The Ardbegs definitely get the nod over the Laphroaig (just a tad too sweet for an everyday dram), but I like all three of them. Peated scotch has pretty much guaranteed that I will never be a teetotaler. And K+L is on my short list of places to visit...

Well you can't discuss heavy-peated whiskey's without bringing up the Octomore. 140 ppm. Heaviest peated whiskey on record and supposedly truly delicious. Never had it myself.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1044605

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I think I just found my Xmas present! Thanks!

Sparkman 2008 Ruckus Syrah Red Mountain.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson