Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 56
Page 56 of 282 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

I tried Leffe blonde for the first time tonight. I have had the brown variety on a number of occasions and liked it pretty well. The blonde isn't really to my taste. It reminds me a bit of a slightly sour version of Duvel. I have really liked the Palm that I bought recently. The only problem is that it is a mass market beer in Belgium from what I can tell, but it is selling at a premium price over here, like a dollar more per six pack than Leffe. Hopefully, it will catch on and the price will come down. ir really sucks coming back to $8-10 prices on 750ml bottles of the good Belgium stuff when I was getting really top drawer stuff for about $4 a bottle (not Euros) over there.

Tensely '09 Syrah from the central coast.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

tonight, its whatever will put me to sleep most quickly... maybe sleeping pills. Tomorrows another day.

Kona Longboard lager

Asahi Super Dry - 1 liter can, made in Japan.

Last week, 2009 Trinitas Petite Sirah Contra Costa County.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Nyquil and lots of it!

I'm looking to give a couple of 750ml bottles or six packs of beer to the owners of my favorite restaurant (sorry Matt). FWIW, they're French and serve excellent bistro food.

There's a place by me that carries hundreds of different esoteric beers. I'm not much of a beer guy. Please suggest your top two even if they're widely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    I'm looking to give a couple of 750ml bottles or six packs of beer to the owners of my favorite restaurant (sorry Matt). FWIW, they're French and serve excellent bistro food.

There's a place by me that carries hundreds of different esoteric beers. I'm not much of a beer guy. Please suggest your top two even if they're widely popular.
    Hehe, no worries, If I get a day off this week I am trying out the ones you gave me and I will let you know how they are, they have been tempting me for two weeks. I am sure you will soon be converted to the brown side and become an excellent beer guy.

You can't gp wrong with a 750ml bottle each of Chimay blue and Duvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post

'06 Cassanova de niri brunello (100 pts WS, 97 pts WE). '06 Zaca Mesa Syrah. '07 Moris Avvoltore Super Tuscan. It was a very tasty night.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson