Quantcast
what are you drinking tonight? - Page 62
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Well, as both of them are worth more than my first car cost, I will just sit back and drool at the prospect of either one.
    Lol. I would open them both if I can bring myself to but... I'm thinking just one of these, couple bottles of prosecco, and some NZ SB.. Appreciate if anyone can give an idea on which to open!!

Madmel

Dont mean to be rude but your talking about 82 Mouton and Prosecco at the same dinner !!!!

I would kill to try a 82 First Growth, at the moment that is probably the ultimate group of wines in the world, the 82 Mouton is a 98 point wine the 89 Haut Brion is a 100 point wine !!!

If you dont partner these with a great champagne then i guarantee hoards of welders from JB will invade your party carrying duran !!!!!

I have no problem with NZ wine but it does not belong with first growth wines. I know wine is expensive in Singapore but go for it, get some matching bottles. Let the people who dont understand what you have drink some aussie plonk.

Tonight

Bottle of Moreau Chablis with tuna sushi - excellent wine, must admit for reds US has it won but for whites stilll gotta go French
    North Coast Grand Cru - Very disappointed, its Ok but for like $15 a bottle just not worth it.
    Liefmans Cuvee Brut - Nice Lambic to finish off the night

Im on holiday this week, so get to have whatever wine and beer i feel like every night, leading up to the big night Saturday.

Now if Madmel would just let me have his spare bottle !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
    Would like some advise on which bottle to open for new year's eve: 1982 mouton magnum or 1989 chateau haut-brion?? Doing a cook out at a dear friend's place, very Mediterranean feel to the menu, moussaka, lotsa lamb, seafood, etc. And a striploin of grade 9 Australian wagyu.
    Deglaze the pan you cook the lamb and wagyu in with 'em!
    Last edited by JohnnyChance; 12-29-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typo
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Madmel

The ultimate choice on which to open depends more on the company your with.

If your trying to impress the Mouton, if its your loved ones and closest friends the Haut Brion, then the Mouton !!!

I plan the wine for new years eve all year, i buy 3 or 4 special bottles throughout the year, this year my special bottle is a 2000 Shafer Hillside Select Cab that ive been drolling over for 6 months, also a Grahmas 2000 port that im extremely looking forward to

Can a lowly guy like me get a moderator banned !!!!!

You deserve to get all your knives on the shopping channel for that comment Johnny !!!!

No, he deserves to be forced to stand next to the katana swinging idiot on the shopping channel. I would go for the Haut-Brion because I have a severe childhood trauma associated with that stuff. LOL My dad had a liquor store in Lexington, Ky back in 64-65 and he used to supply a few of the big horse farms with wine. Somehow a bottle of 57 Haut-Brion and a few bottles 59 Chateauneuf du Pape made it to Florida with us in 1968 and survived. The last Chateauneuf du Pape lost its cork in the 80's, but the Haut-Brion looked okay. Sadly, we opened it in around 95 and it too had turned, so all of that waiting for nothing. Still haven't had any, but I have had Laffite and Mouton a few times and Latour once since then. Still need to do the Margaux and Haut-Brion.
    Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Can a lowly guy like me get a moderator banned !!!!!

You deserve to get all your knives on the shopping channel for that comment Johnny !!!!

Damn

Well 57 was a **** year !! should have snagged the 61

Ive never actually had a first growth of any type. Its on my bucket list.

Its upsetting now, i could have bought 82 Lafite en primeur for $800 a case but thought it was over priced at the time !!!!

Its selling for $45,000 a case now

somewhere amongst all of my crap, i have a case of chateau latour Pauillac 1998 and 6 bottles of 1986 Chateau Margaux. Probably sitting next to my missing Watanabes and a certain engagement ring we no longer talk about.

2009 main & geary petite syrah and 08 brazin old vine zinfandel. yummy

+ Reply to Thread