Thread: Hong Kong Shigefusa???

Hong Kong Shigefusa???

Hi guys,

I'm visiting Hong Kong in a couple of weeks, and is wondering if anyone knows where I could find some knives, in particular, Shigefusa!

Thanks in advance for the replys!

the chance of a shig in hk is almost 0.

you may find the occasional masamoto but that's as far as high end Japanese knives goes (I found a few in Shanghai Street where they sell kitchenware

you can find the ususal shuns, wusthof, henckels, etc at department stores like Sogo

Didn't see many Japanese brands when I was there outside the normal globals and shuns, found lots of german knives tho. I did find lots of cleavers from CCK (of course) to unknown local brands made with "german steel".

In my experience, the Chinese consider the German brands "the good stuff." And you see a fair amount of Taiwanese copies of German patterns in Asia too.

trunk of a car
    Chances are if they exist and you don't seem like a local you'd be shown the rail knives
    "The self-seeking man who is looking after his personal comforts and leading a lazy life- there is no room for him even in hell" - Narendranath Dutta