Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: special request

special request

We had one lady who was a conference service manager at my old job vegetarian, not allergy, strawberry allergy, lactose intolerant and gluten free. Hated my life whenever she'd dine with a client.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    We had one lady who was a conference service manager at my old job vegetarian, not allergy, strawberry allergy, lactose intolerant and gluten free. Hated my life whenever she'd dine with a client.
    I suppose we could add hypochondriac to that list?

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    so what exactly did you cook for her?

had one guest that was vegan, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, no oil, no spices, no garlic, no onion. and then complained it lacked flavor. true story.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    had one guest that was vegan, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, no oil, no spices, no garlic, no onion. and then complained it lacked flavor. true story.
    Don't doubt that it's true. But it's also both crazy and sad.

So... lettuce and steamed veggies? :-)
    "My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my knives for what I told her they are worth"

So just...fruit?

@foody518 or pure MSG

The amateur celiac* and smoothiehead crowds is making everyone confused about vegans and vegetarians ..... the rest of us loves gluten, both prepared pure (modern Seitan and classic chinese ways) and in a good bread or yeast dumpling; we're considering getting one of these vacuum blenders to not make a smoothie but larger-than-life tomato sauces; the rest of the veg we rather saute than blend. And nuts? They are a food group of their own.

@Godslayer Did that lady come with a peanut and coconut allergy, or even worse with a soy allergy on top of that? Otherwise, sounds easy - there's a boatload of chinese, thai, south indian, japanese options....

Oh btw, the artist that drew that comic is vegan himself.

*no offense meant to those that actually are celiac or intolerant. It's a different group I'm being intentionally offensive to here.

I feel for all the chefs out there who have to deal with this nonsense every day. I only had to deal with on on the occassional holidays when I hosted a family member who was "allergic" to eggs, wheat and dairy but somehow managed to tolerate cake and coffee with cream.