Page 11 of 284 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Just tried the Ardmore, very nice! Especially at this price range. Very sweet granny Smith apple tartness, nice smoky overtones and a medicinal finish that lingers. I'm very happy I took a chance on this one. Next time I'll give Bowmore a try since the price is so reasonable.

Stone.. Double Bastard

the last tiny bit of my Rittenhouse 25 year old single barrel rye. damn special stuff.

I need to stock, up, I'm out of almost everything right now. Ardmore sounds nice, Ardbeg 10 is a must. For the really bad days, having a Laphroaig in cask strength on hand wouldn't be bad either...

Anybody have a recommendation for a straightfoward vodka? I am usually not into the fancy schmancy designer vodkas, something clean and on the smoother side will do just fine. I usually keep that on ice and drink it straight up. Purely for medicinal reasons, of course.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I need to stock, up, I'm out of almost everything right now. Ardmore sounds nice, Ardbeg 10 is a must. For the really bad days, having a Laphroaig in cask strength on hand wouldn't be bad either...

Anybody have a recommendation for a straightfoward vodka? I am usually not into the fancy schmancy designer vodkas, something clean and on the smoother side will do just fine. I usually keep that on ice and drink it straight up. Purely for medicinal reasons, of course.

Stefan
    the standard Smirnoff keeps winning the double blind taste tests. that said, i drink Chopin when i drink vodka neat.

Engorged Member
    I keep the Costco brand vodka on hand. Clean good and cheap.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Costco brand vodka
    Kirklandikovs?

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Kirklandikovs?
    LOL!

I like the straight Charbay vodka. Used to be dirt cheap, not sure if it stills is. Still got a couple bottles lying around. You might be close enough that 42 below is available and cheap. It's an interesting wheat based NZ vodka. That's what I give people that tell me vodka doesn't/shouldn't/can't have it's own flavor profile. Anyway, in NZ it was like 35NZD and you're pretty close so... Otherwise I'd go Stoli.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post

Stefan
    For drinking, Kettle One is still king. They are one of the only brands that has kept their quality up and their price down.
    For sipping though, Stoli Elit is the vodka of choice for me. There are boatloads of designer brands going on now, but almost none of them earn their premium over Kettle in my book, Elit is the exception.

I'm drinking Stone smoked porter tonight, somebody posted it last week and gave me a hankering. I picked some up yesterday, so tonight's the night.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Ended up skipping the Potrero 18th and opted for some Cruzan Single Barrel.