Page 52 of 286 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by geezr View Post

Noted that Clerc Milon 1986 was preferred to Margaux 1986, assume the 1st growth Chateau Margaux?
    Yes

BTW, was there a 86 Yquem with dessert? No, wait, don't tell me, it will only hurt not to have been there...
    No, but he has many cases of d'Yquem.

This fellow and his wife are members of our wine group. They have an amazingly deep cellar and are very generous.

Talisker 57 degrees North. An absolute bruiser of a malt from the Skye distillery, if there is a better "standard" distillery bottling at cask strength currently available then I have not had it. Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Chateau Troplong-Mondot 1990
    Lynch Bages 1989
    Margaux 1986
    Leoville Barton 1989
    Pichon Longueville 1989
    Cos D’estournel 1986
    Clerc Milon 1986
    Haut Brion 1989

2-4 oz of each at a Christmas party last night. I liked the Clerc Milon the best.

There were at least another 10 wines I didn't try including a Ch. Palmer 1989 and a 1989 Lafit, that was gone before I arrived.
    How was the 89 Lynch Bages?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Dogfish Miles Davis Bitches Brew. Awesome, must try it if you can find it. We have one of eight barrels they made this year.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Well, no entries from me on this one for a few weeks. I was hoping this year was going to be eggnog and fruitcake year, but alas, I am on copious amounts of antibiotics, and they turn my liver into a narcoleptic bouncer. I tried to get through a 22 of Rahr and Sons bourbon-cask 10-week aged Winter Warmer, and delicious as it was, I was 1/3 of the way through and felt like I'd had 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Dogfish Miles Davis Bitches Brew. Awesome, must try it if you can find it. We have one of eight barrels they made this year.
    ... for the name alone.

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Chateau Troplong-Mondot 1990
    Lynch Bages 1989
    Margaux 1986
    Leoville Barton 1989
    Pichon Longueville 1989
    Cos D’estournel 1986
    Clerc Milon 1986
    Haut Brion 1989

2-4 oz of each at a Christmas party last night. I liked the Clerc Milon the best.

There were at least another 10 wines I didn't try including a Ch. Palmer 1989 and a 1989 Lafit, that was gone before I arrived.
    Can i get an invite next year !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Tried it last year afer they did a special on TV, great beer, local store would only sell me one bottle though, bastards !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    Talisker 57 degrees North. An absolute bruiser of a malt from the Skye distillery, if there is a better "standard" distillery bottling at cask strength currently available then I have not had it. Magic.
    Ever had cask Lagavulin 12 year old ?

Its not exactly shy but what a whiskey

I bet that left you "kind of blue?"
    Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Tried it last year afer they did a special on TV, great beer, local store would only sell me one bottle though, bastards !!!