Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The man ordered the knife on Ebay...

And this is the reason I only buy from well known members of KF or from The smiths themselves

And why I waited so long to buy a Yamawaku! I just couldn't go with an unknown vendor, even though I've heard great things about the knives. I found one used, and it's in the mail.
    However, if it's as good of a blade as people have claimed, I might have to order a LH yanagi, or another gyuto.
    I wish there was another way to get Yamawaku knives.....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

You have to factor in the registered and insured shipping into the cost. I have ordered at least three knives from him and it all went fine. But I had heard about the issues so I never cheap out on the extra shipping.

Looks like the seller didn't believe the first knife didn't get there. Or something. Absolutely never cheap out on the extra shipping if it's something that costs more than the insurance! That's a really depressing picture he posted.

I won't bash the guy, because he could very well be a great vendor. I'll just take this as a warning and food for thought.
    It's good to read that there are sales that go the way we would all hope, so thanks for showing the other side.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I've bought several knives from this vendor over the years, and always purchased EMS shipping.... had some English to Japanese email communication / perspective frustrations but the vendor took the time to work with me and get things right. That impressed me... I was ready to walk away, but rather than getting mad/frustrated, they brought in someone that was better with English and solved the problem.
    Approach life and cooking with reckless abandon

I have purchased 2 knives from the same vendor, and while checkout was a drag and shipping time even worse, he did do right in the end.
    Recognize the substandard packing.... One of my boxes was mangled, but knife was ok.
    Knives are cheap and handles barely usable, but at least the my blades are good. In fact it is the wifes favorite.

is that from 330mate?

the strange thing is that with the costs of todays Jnats, if that is what those are, that guy may have got a better deal then the knife he ordered.