Quantcast
The man ordered the knife on Ebay... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The man ordered the knife on Ebay...

Yep. I've never had issues with him in the past. I think I've gotten four or five knives from him in the past. I once even paid for a knife and mistakenly included the wrong Paypal mailing address. I emailed him and he explained that he would only ship to the address on the paypal payment for liability reasons, but the next day sent me an invoice for $.01 and asked that I pay via paypal and use my updated address. Knife arrive 5 days later no problem.

Since this involves the vendor we are discussing, in a way, I have a question that I have been trying to get to the bottom of, but can't seem to do.
    "Who is Yamwaku, and why does nobody seem to have any info/way to contact the guy"? "Is he even a real guy, or just a marketing gimmick"?
    I know that seems excessive, but seriously, I can't find anything....
    I've been interested in Yamawaku knives for quite a while, but with everything being so unknown, I stayed away, until a knife that I wouldn't have to deal with the all of the confusion popped up.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I bought a Yamawaku nakiri when they first started showing up to replace my wife's aging Kiya santoku (yeah...I know). It has a lot of good points; excellent burr formation and removal, acceptable thickness, decent edge retention, & seems to be impervious to rust. I got the burnt chestnut handle which is kinda nice, but it has a nasty-ass plastic ferrule. At the time it was cheap as hell.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I have bought from 330mate before and just used the standard free shipping. It took like 5 weeks or so to get it, but it arrived no problems.

I like the buyer's concern that the rocks are from a nuclear plant.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

When you ship international, if seller does include rocks, like in this case, as long as tracking says delivery, paypal will not do anything. The *only* time they will if you make a police report (they will want a copy of it). Since it's international, likely no one has jurisdiction, so in the end, no one going to do anything.

I apologize, but I find this to be hilarious!!! My guess is the Japanese seller probably felt disrespected, and this was his "F--- You!!!!"
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

No, I believe there was a mix-up and this guy received someone else's order of stones. Too bad he wasn't a member of one of these kitchen knife forums, he would have gotten a lot of helpful advice and possibly even avoided this mess.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by olpappy View Post
    No, I believe there was a mix-up and this guy received someone else's order of stones. Too bad he wasn't a member of one of these kitchen knife forums, he would have gotten a lot of helpful advice and possibly even avoided this mess.
    Even more likely he'd be happy with the stones

Quote Originally Posted by olpappy View Post

i think that's what happened, too.

i've ordered a couple things from that vendor and they have taken forever to arrive, but arrive they did. packaging just barely adequate, but barely adequate is still adequate.

+ Reply to Thread