• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Two Sujis: Takeda and Kikuichi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Time to clean out collection a bit. Offering up some nice blades that I do not use as much as others. Paypal only. CONUS only. All prices include insured shipping with tracking. If you need to see any additional pics, shoot me a note.
Thanks for looking/Dennis

Takeda 330 Sujihiki with Saya
Edge: 330
OAL: 486
Height: 37.5
Thick: 2.5
Weight: 199g
Aogami Super Steel. Long, elegant, a beauty to behold and to use. Was sent by original owner to Ken for some serious thinning behind the edge (take a look at that bevel). Very light use from me. Just back from Dave. Would be great for a carving station or to provide some real flash at the table. The saya has a hairline crack along the top edge (repaired) and is missing the pin.
$390

Kikuichi Carbon Elite 270 Sujihiki
Edge: 272
OAL: 395
Height: 25
Thick: 2.5
Weight: 191g
Classic carbon suji. Fresh back from Dave with a screaming edge. Not too reactive for carbon steel. Develops a light patina or is easily polished.
$150

Is there no Suji Love on this forum? OK, let's try and get these knives to new owners.

First the Takeda: This is, I am quite sure, a special order knife. You may not see another 330 for a while. Plus with the work that's been done to it, this blade is a freaking light saber (it just doesn't make a humming sound when you remove it from the saya). And yes, it has a saya as well. PRICE DROP to $345 or trade for an interesting 210 gyuto of equal value.

And the Kikuichi: Here we have one of the best carbon steel sujis in the price range plus a near-new knife. PRICE DROP to $125 which is more than $100 below new. If you don't buy this for yourself, you know someone who could put it to good use. Buy it for them.

Free ship, insured, to CONUS addresses.

At the request of a member, here is a choil shot of the Takeda. Apologies for the quality but the sun has set in Michigan and there's not much light to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back