Pepper Passion Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, just bought about four pounds of peppercorns. (I share so not ALL for me.) Can't wait to see what new and exotic spices he's importing.

$61.60 a pound for quality peppercorn. Is Bamboozled the word I'm looking for? I remember the Pet Rock too.

I assure you he and his wife offer only the best quality pepper. Like anything in life there is high quality and then there is everything else. You think people outside this forum think a single knife could be worth $1,000+?

I currently stock over six different varieties of pepper corn, so wrong person to ask that question to... But I get your point. The fact that we have over three threads on "pepper passion" should tell you that I'm not alone on this one.

This one is over 11 pages and goes back 5 years.
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/248-Pepper?highlight=Pepper+passion

Edit: there was no need to edit your last response, you have a perfectly valid viewpoint.

I'm spoiled here on Cape. I have Atlantic Spice company about a mile from my restaurant, I love spice runs. "what!? We need paprika? I'll be right back". Decent cup of coffee right in the middle too. Smells heavenly in there too. Nice to get out of the shop once in a while too

In edmonton silk road spices, knifewear and kents of inglewood are all beside each other. Its a dangerous place to be. Its also the hip restaurant district. Fast way to spend a k.

I have ordered multiple times from pepper passion, both for myself and as gifts, and have definitely enjoyed everything I have gotten from them. As a home cook it takes me forever to go thru the sampler packs, but actually just restocked with another.

I assure you he and his wife offer only the best quality pepper. Like anything in life there is high quality and then there is everything else. You think people outside this forum think a single knife could be worth $1,000+?

Some people would be blown away that a knife could be worth even half of that, hell I remember when I bought my Henckels (international) 10 piece set for <$200 CAD from Costco after graduating people (myself included) thought that was premium. I guess the analogy could be extended to paying several hundred for a vitamix (why not use a $40 blender?); that's a real conversation I've had with people at work.

$60/lb for pepper isn't unreasonable; I buy white and oolong tea that costs anywhere from $30 to over $120 for 100g, but what I use daily is under $50.

Sounds good guys. I go through at least 4 pounds a year. I've found the Penzeys Malabar, tellicherri, and bold Tellicherri to be very good for $20 to 22 a pound.

Really no comparison between these pricy peppercorns and a vitamix either. If you think that pepper is worth three times the price, each to their own. Curious how many of you owned pet rocks too?

Actually, with the sale I paid something a little less than $8 per pound....

I'm spoiled here on Cape. I have Atlantic Spice company about a mile from my restaurant, I love spice runs. "what!? We need paprika? I'll be right back". Decent cup of coffee right in the middle too. Smells heavenly in there too. Nice to get out of the shop once in a while too

I just ordered a catalog. Thanks for the tip!

Got my Lampong today. Really amazing pepper and my favorite so far. Extremely fragrant, heat takes a second or two to hit and then it does so sharply. Everything I have gotten from Pepper Passion has been exceptional.

It took me a couple of years to work through the "sampler" I bought from these guys, but I finally did it. Unfortunately I don't remember having a favorite, so no idea what to reorder!

i really can't believe how different the various peppercorns are from one another. PP's overall quality makes anything from the supermarket taste like cardboard. I need to get a couple more Unicorn Magnums.

Back