• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

270mm Masamoto KS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dardeau

Reaction score
This has been my daily driver for some time now. I have a KS based knife showing up soon otherwise this would be a keeper.

At some point during the busy season I tipped it and put the quick and dirty fix on it. I didn't reshape into a KS tip on top to preserve length, but it still functions the same. The saya pin is long gone, but I'll whittle you another out of a yard twig if you want. Genuine LA pecan wood!

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1466871550.463799.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1466871566.731549.jpg

$270 CONUS

As always I love trades.

Great price for a great knife! GLWS!

Solid grind for a ks. Very very tempting. Price is really great too. These knives seem to stay sold out with a lot of vendors except for the eBay ones. If I didn't already have one to purchase if take this one.

Thanks Craig. I think that would be the second KS I would have sold you? Probably I'll regret this one too.

What's the height at the heel and the length from heel to tip? These guys can vary quite a bit.

They can vary quite a bit...from the choil shot, this one seems to be nice and thin vs some I've seen (owned).

around 50.5mm tall and 290mm handle to tip.

from the choil shot, this one seems to be nice and thin vs some I've seen (owned).
Yeah, of the five I've either owned or handled, that's one of the better looking grinds. But I've owned a 270 that was 285 on the edge, and another that was 272... and one that was 48mm tall, with another at 54mm. That's enough variation to get me curious where this one stands.

around 50.5mm tall and 290mm handle to tip.
Sounds good, PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back