Broken King 4K...Finger stones?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Hey all,
Awhile back I took my king 4k to work since I pretty much stopped using it. Of course it was dropped in the kitchen and is now cracked all the way through right in half. It's mounted on a base and was wondering if it'd be possible to deconstruct it and repurpose into finger stones...would it be worth it and if so what'd be the best way to go about this? Hammer? Drop it from the fourth floor? Run it over? :bat:

Finger stones are only useful if they leave a nice looking finish. I don't think a "King 4k Finish" is very sought-after.

Just use it on the base, that's what hte base is for. It won't affect it's performance once it's flattened, assuming it was mounted properly.

In an effort to extend the life of the thread despite DoughyBoy's rather definitive answer, I submit:

Remove the stones from the base, re-mount each half on a new base, and have two mother-flipping 4k stones, one for work and one for home!

Oo or re-purpose a paddle ball paddle and make one of those Takeda-style handheld whetstones!

Lol, I like the ideas. The stone is cracked in the center and the base flexes while using it. I wanted to 4k polish my old messermeister in It's entirety. ghetto mirror if you will, really though It's my day off, I'm bored and I was staring at the stone trying to think of something to do with it :scratchhead:

Back