• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

selling my old carbon. Sabatier and Gustav Emil Urn. $75 each

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
trying to streamline my life a bit. this new attempt will cover everything..kitchen, hunting gear, etc.
i'm finding myself using them less and less..and my wife hates following up everything by wiping them down. she kinda hates carbon steel knives. ;) (i know..right?)

i have two knives. $75 EACH.

1. Sabatier. about 9.75" blade length. sharp. as we know, there are many variations from the time before trademark laws. this one has a trumpet. the insignia is pretty clear. patina for sure. edge is pretty flat when held to cutting board. wooden handle is in pretty good shape. tight, not loose...no shrinkage that i can see. has that cool Tapered tang.
photos.

2. Gustav Emil Urn. blade is 9.5" long. blade is much heavier than the Sab. very robust. sharp. logo is very clear and pronounced. small amount of shrinkage in the wood handle near the bolster but it is tight. wood grain is clean. it also seems to have a tapered tang, but it starts heavier and tapers down slightly, not so pronounced. blade is patina.
photos

sorry, i just ran out and snapped some quick pics with my iphone. let me know if you need more. both blades could probably use a pro sharpening. i'm no pro but they are both sharp. please let me know if my price is insane. i want someone to buy them and use them. i will SPLIT shipping with the buyer. i bet i can get them into a MEDIUM USPS box. please feel free to teach me any better method of packing them and shipping them.

i would prefer paypal.

folks..especially the guy in the front of the line. please check your PM's. i get keys to my new house saturday, and i am not packing these to go there.

i will move to the next person in line shortly..by the end of the day.

Very good value especially the ERN knives are highly recommendet!

GLWTS

Greets Sebastian.

both are sale pending folks.

thanks. i did let them go for a song..happy food cutting!!

well,

i wish i had more to get to you kind folks. knives are gone to the #1 on the list.

thanks for the enthusiastic interest.

Received both knives. They're awesome. Put it on stones for a quick sharpen. Cuts wonderfully. The Gustav had a nice weight to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back