Thread: Naniwa 4k Chemical finishing stone???

Naniwa 4k Chemical finishing stone???

Anyone know what's up with this thing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Whe...item19c580784c

Whats all this chemical finish???

my understanding is that this is a resin bonded stone, which allows for much more consistent grit uniformity and a faster cutting rate.

Purely speculatively: poor translation. "Chemical" is to be opposed to "natural", so is used where one would expect "artificial" or "synthetic".

AAHHHHH ok ok, I was like ***... Chemical finishing stone? must have... so I ordered one. I guess I will write a report on it soon.

Like the Debado "Chemical" stones @ JWW I guess.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by memorael View Post
    AAHHHHH ok ok, I was like ***... Chemical finishing stone? must have... so I ordered one. I guess I will write a report on it soon.

I've got some Chemical Socks and a ream of Physical Printer Paper I will sell you. You can have the whole lot for a hundred bucks.

PM message me for info on the sox... are they high grit or low grit btw? I hope they aren't too soft I hate it when they melt away.

old post back to life but it's in the same line as the 8k pure white stone. It's supposed to be quite good