Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodrigue physical location

I would say that one of the lessons of this story for makers is - do not ask for a deposit (unless some special materials need to be ordered) - and certainly not for one that is close to the full price of the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    I would say that one of the lessons of this story for makers is - do not ask for a deposit (unless some special materials need to be ordered) - and certainly not for one that is close to the full price of the knife.
    A lesson for the buyer as well.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    A lesson for the buyer as well.
    Indeed. Or to put it from different perspective - only pay a deposit which you can afford to loose. $hit happens sometimes.

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Indeed. Or to put it from different perspective - only pay a deposit which you can afford to loose. $hit happens sometimes.
    I think Ian at Haburn is doing it right, taking a $50 deposit ...

I think he took too many deposits to help his cash flow and then when his health went south, he was in wayvover his head with no way to recover. I think he had no bad intentions but the fact is it looks like he took 10s of thousands of dollars in deposits over many years and can't make good. The question now it seems to me is does he gave assets (like knives from his collection) that can be used to help offset the money he is owed people...

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    In general, I'd rather everyone avoid involving law enforcement...that said, jgraef asked politely in August of last year and he still hasn't been taken care of in any way to my knowledge...
    this is correct, he will not respond to me and hasn't offered anything in terms of money or a knife of same value.

I was just going to send my demand letter to the address listed on his site. If someone thinks or knows better, I'm up for whatever.

his instagram makes it seem hes having a relaxing time shooting and...well...not making knives

Can I just ask for those sorts of comments to be refrained from.

You have no idea when, how or what those were acquired etc.

Yes you may be put some money but no need for those sorts of comments especially when they are essentially not here to defend themselves.

We are meant to be a nice civil community after all, even if we can stray sometimes in the heat of the argument.
    Last edited by daveb; 06-30-2016 at 09:28 PM.

I filed a complaint today with the consumer protection agency, for what its worth.