Rodrigue physical location

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be interested.

I don't have enough invested personally to warrant contacting a lawyer, however if everyone involved gets together it may be doable. Not sure though.

contact the irs or the Canadian equivalent. If he is using a deposit as his personal bank account to pay off whatever, I doubt he took the time to pay the taxes on the "income".

I do wonder if perhaps the best bet may be law enforcement...who knows that he wasn't doing the same in the straight razor community, or others on the internet not involved with kkf or ex-kkf folks. IMO, this should be posted on some of the other forums if it hasn't already been done. Just what's been recently posted has added up to a decent amount of money.

I no longer have skin in this game but it took me three years of follow up just to finally receive my minimal deposit for a fork...and I had to post in his forum just to get that.

The revenue department sounds appropriate Chef.

I no longer have skin in this game but it took me three years of follow up just to finally receive my minimal deposit for a fork...and I had to post in his forum just to get that.

Given that your polite but firm public request for a refund met with success, I'd suggest that others do the same before they waste time and money contacting attorneys and government agencies. It hasn't even been 24 hours since these latest threads appeared, so perhaps Pierre will appear and issue refunds to those that want them right away? I think those that want refunds should write something like this, and then give Pierre a little time to respond before deciding how to move forward.

I absolutely do not believe that Pierre set out to steal deposits from people (it's almost absurd to accuse him of this), but I do believe he is in over his head, and sympathize with all those involved.

Given that your polite but firm public request for a refund met with success, I'd suggest that others do the same before they waste time and money contacting attorneys and government agencies. It hasn't even been 24 hours since these latest threads appeared, so perhaps Pierre will appear and issue refunds to those that want them right away?

I absolutely do not believe that Pierre set out to steal deposits from people (it's almost absurd to accuse him of this), but I do believe he is in over his head, and sympathize with all those involved.

I don't think he planned to steal at all. What I THINK happened is that he had some really bad luck and simply does not have any financial flexibility whatsoever. I believe he does not have the money to refund all the outstanding money.... Now, that's an ASSUMPTION. And it's not an excuse, he cannot spend money that's technically not his until he fulfills the business arrangement associated with that payment. But ... Well..: good luck to all involved.

Has anyone tried paypal? Or credit card company? Not sure what then time lapses are tho
Iirc, PayPal has a 180-day limit for claims. The legal statutes of limitations will vary by jurisdiction, obviously.

Given that your polite but firm public request for a refund met with success, I'd suggest that others do the same before they waste time and money contacting attorneys and government agencies. It hasn't even been 24 hours since these latest threads appeared, so perhaps Pierre will appear and issue refunds to those that want them right away? I think those that want refunds should write something like this, and then give Pierre a little time to respond before deciding how to move forward.

In general, I'd rather everyone avoid involving law enforcement...that said, jgraef asked politely in August of last year and he still hasn't been taken care of in any way to my knowledge...

I would recommend that for any potential legal action you at least spell his name correctly.

I feel for Pierre, but got bitten myself a few years ago for a small amount of $. When it was time to pay he indicated there were some tough financial times, so I agreed he could defer payment for a few months. When I took the initiative to follow up a year later he indicated he had paid me. He went as far as saying he had sent it as cash in US dollars that he exchanged. Yet he had -zero- record of doing it, no receipt, etc. And of course I had not received anything. But just for good measure I went back through all of my records several times just to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's. FWIW, he did settle up with me for the second year of the show, but he left me hanging on the first one.

I have 3 knives he made for me ~6 years ago, plus one of his razors. I think he is a very good maker, and I hope he is able to get back to it one day, as well as make amends with everyone. I know he is in a bad position right now.

I would say that one of the lessons of this story for makers is - do not ask for a deposit (unless some special materials need to be ordered) - and certainly not for one that is close to the full price of the knife.

I think he took too many deposits to help his cash flow and then when his health went south, he was in wayvover his head with no way to recover. I think he had no bad intentions but the fact is it looks like he took 10s of thousands of dollars in deposits over many years and can't make good. The question now it seems to me is does he gave assets (like knives from his collection) that can be used to help offset the money he is owed people...

In general, I'd rather everyone avoid involving law enforcement...that said, jgraef asked politely in August of last year and he still hasn't been taken care of in any way to my knowledge...

this is correct, he will not respond to me and hasn't offered anything in terms of money or a knife of same value.

I was just going to send my demand letter to the address listed on his site. If someone thinks or knows better, I'm up for whatever.

his instagram makes it seem hes having a relaxing time shooting and...well...not making knives

Can I just ask for those sorts of comments to be refrained from.

You have no idea when, how or what those were acquired etc.

Yes you may be put some money but no need for those sorts of comments especially when they are essentially not here to defend themselves.

We are meant to be a nice civil community after all, even if we can stray sometimes in the heat of the argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
As mad as I am let's try and not get this thread locked.

Let's only offer new information and ideas on how to fix this. You all know my stance and that I'm not happy but we need to be able to discuss this. If these threads are forbidden we won't be able to do that easily.

Its called newest threads. I don't care if this thread stays open and keeps flowing. Typically i read most threads across the forum.

What I don't believe in is personal jibes about a person who is not here to defend themselves and had quite obviously been struck by hard times.

Yes you have skin in the game and i dont. But I have been on this forum for a few years and appreciate the community and comradery it generates and I note it seems you had no interest in this forum until you decided your wanted to recover your money. (Even as far as your only posts are related to this issue)

You have made your case. Wait patiently for a reply, if none comes than take it to the next step.

As i said in my reply just try refrain from personal attacks about a person you know nothing about. You can comment about this and still keep it civil.

So in summary, join the community, join the talk, if you really have keep solely posting about this topic but just keep it civil guys.

Its called newest threads. I don't care if this thread stays open and keeps flowing. Typically i read most threads across the forum.

What I don't believe in is personal jibes about a person who is not here to defend themselves and had quite obviously been struck by hard times.

Yes you have skin in the game and i dont. But I have been on this forum for a few years and appreciate the community and comradery it generates and I note it seems you had no interest in this forum until you decided your wanted to recover your money. (Even as far as your only posts are related to this issue)

You have made your case. Wait patiently for a reply, if none comes than take it to the next step.

As i said in my reply just try refrain from personal attacks about a person you know nothing about. You can comment about this and still keep it civil.

So in summary, join the community, join the talk, if you really have keep solely posting about this topic but just keep it civil guys.

I'm confused.. Was this to me? I have been around for years....

If the intent is to recover monies owed then I would encourage each affected party to start their own thread and provide working details.

If the intent is to troll this board, aggravate an already bad situation, rouse the rabble or just otherwise show your ass then this is not the place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back