Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodrigue physical location

Rodrigue physical location

Is he still living in Lloydminster Canada?

Perhaps the affected parties can get together and contact an attorney in this town?

i would be interested.

I don't have enough invested personally to warrant contacting a lawyer, however if everyone involved gets together it may be doable. Not sure though.

contact the irs or the Canadian equivalent. If he is using a deposit as his personal bank account to pay off whatever, I doubt he took the time to pay the taxes on the "income".

I do wonder if perhaps the best bet may be law enforcement...who knows that he wasn't doing the same in the straight razor community, or others on the internet not involved with kkf or ex-kkf folks. IMO, this should be posted on some of the other forums if it hasn't already been done. Just what's been recently posted has added up to a decent amount of money.

I no longer have skin in this game but it took me three years of follow up just to finally receive my minimal deposit for a fork...and I had to post in his forum just to get that.

The revenue department sounds appropriate Chef.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Like most legal procedures; this is not straight forward, however a small claim could be filed online.

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov....ser_guide.html

Also,

Has anyone tried paypal? Or credit card company? Not sure what then time lapses are tho

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    I no longer have skin in this game but it took me three years of follow up just to finally receive my minimal deposit for a fork...and I had to post in his forum just to get that.
    Given that your polite but firm public request for a refund met with success, I'd suggest that others do the same before they waste time and money contacting attorneys and government agencies. It hasn't even been 24 hours since these latest threads appeared, so perhaps Pierre will appear and issue refunds to those that want them right away? I think those that want refunds should write something like this, and then give Pierre a little time to respond before deciding how to move forward.

I absolutely do not believe that Pierre set out to steal deposits from people (it's almost absurd to accuse him of this), but I do believe he is in over his head, and sympathize with all those involved.

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Given that your polite but firm public request for a refund met with success, I'd suggest that others do the same before they waste time and money contacting attorneys and government agencies. It hasn't even been 24 hours since these latest threads appeared, so perhaps Pierre will appear and issue refunds to those that want them right away?

I absolutely do not believe that Pierre set out to steal deposits from people (it's almost absurd to accuse him of this), but I do believe he is in over his head, and sympathize with all those involved.
    I don't think he planned to steal at all. What I THINK happened is that he had some really bad luck and simply does not have any financial flexibility whatsoever. I believe he does not have the money to refund all the outstanding money.... Now, that's an ASSUMPTION. And it's not an excuse, he cannot spend money that's technically not his until he fulfills the business arrangement associated with that payment. But ... Well..: good luck to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Has anyone tried paypal? Or credit card company? Not sure what then time lapses are tho
    Iirc, PayPal has a 180-day limit for claims. The legal statutes of limitations will vary by jurisdiction, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Given that your polite but firm public request for a refund met with success, I'd suggest that others do the same before they waste time and money contacting attorneys and government agencies. It hasn't even been 24 hours since these latest threads appeared, so perhaps Pierre will appear and issue refunds to those that want them right away? I think those that want refunds should write something like this, and then give Pierre a little time to respond before deciding how to move forward.

In general, I'd rather everyone avoid involving law enforcement...that said, jgraef asked politely in August of last year and he still hasn't been taken care of in any way to my knowledge...
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I would recommend that for any potential legal action you at least spell his name correctly.

I feel for Pierre, but got bitten myself a few years ago for a small amount of $. When it was time to pay he indicated there were some tough financial times, so I agreed he could defer payment for a few months. When I took the initiative to follow up a year later he indicated he had paid me. He went as far as saying he had sent it as cash in US dollars that he exchanged. Yet he had -zero- record of doing it, no receipt, etc. And of course I had not received anything. But just for good measure I went back through all of my records several times just to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's. FWIW, he did settle up with me for the second year of the show, but he left me hanging on the first one.

I have 3 knives he made for me ~6 years ago, plus one of his razors. I think he is a very good maker, and I hope he is able to get back to it one day, as well as make amends with everyone. I know he is in a bad position right now.