Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Makers - Offer to help.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Without discussing any moral implications judgement of what may or may not be happening. I believe some help and encouragement is needed to bring this situation towards a conclusion and bring Pierre back into the dialogue to help make positive action.

I can pledge some help towards filling a few of your back orders. I pledge 2 simple random damascus blades , forged, heat treated, ground, ready to be hand finished and handled in your style, that should take allot of the dust out of the equation? I can provide these before xmas this year if it helps.

I would encourage other makers to offer what help you can according to your speciality, see if we can bring some positive action and solution between us.

I hope with this encouragement Pierre you can make a list of what has to be done and begin a positive dialogue.

Will
    Well.... I know who's getting my business in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Haburn View Post
    Why would anyone want to enable this type of behavior?
    I don't know why these orders weren't filled, but they were not and he took customers high percentage deposits for years.
    Two actions should take place per the customers choice: a full refund or the promised work. That's it. End of story.
    If somebody wants to take their time and provide Rodrigue with time and materials when Rodrigue won't even be bothered to respond to his customers - well then that's none of my business.
    As someone who has been affected by this, I agree with you 100%. Pierre was big boy enough to take the money, he can be big boy enough to give it back, or face consequences.

I'm glad to see that other makers are willing to chip in to help us that are affected. I greatly appreciate any and all efforts by you guys! If it doesn't worn out the thoughts are what count.

Ultimately I hope Pierre will try to work out a solution with us. I emailed him today asking to be paid back or have a knife within a month, so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    I completely agree , the offer is for the good of the community, if it can help.
    This situation is reminiscent to one with Eamon Burke, where several of us offered to make good on his defaulted orders. If I am not mistaken,that project didn't take off (Kerring contacted me recently about his knife, but I never got the blanks to begin with), and perhaps it should serve as a reminder not to make promises that might not be kept.

It's a messy situation to be in, and life does get in a way, but one has to deal with the consequences of his making. We all have made mistakes, one time or another, but whether one corrects them or not, it's up to the person.

Personally, I can't contribute to this project, as I am coming off a hand injury myself (I didn't work for almost 5 weeks) and have no capacity for extra work.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I was one of the people affected by the Eamon Burke ordeal, and was very thankful for the support given to finish the project (mine was done by the good will of Bill Burke). I thought most actually got their knives in the end, some possibly still waiting but the materials are will those who promised.
    I am missing a lot of information on the total story of both cases, but this one feels much different than the last. This time the makers (and others last time) are not only offering their time to finish the knives, but materials as well. To me this is akin to random members offering up knives out of their collection to offset the missing knives. Absolutely awesome of those willing, but this goes beyond goodwill to me.
    If you guys do go forward with anything I would be willing to chip in a bit of $ to help with shipping/materials, same as last time, but I do view this as much different than the prior instance.

And I hope you heal well and soon Marko!

This made me smile Randy, I feel the same way, I guess we will see how the situation plays out for now and see how the list develops. , Hope he can come forward now and do the right thing. So much of this could have been avoided with communication, quite frustrating, I feel for those effected. Thanks all for your points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Dang it! Been watching this unfold for a while now...

I agree, this is bad. and wrong on every level. Even knowing this.. I still feel its "Right" to help the members here if possible. Many of whom I consider family or friends. So IMO, working together to right a wrong is still more "right" then doing nothing in the face of these facts. Im going to go ahead and at least try to help the forum and Its members who have been wronged. IF, as a group. We move forward in a way to make the community whole again. I would be able to help with as many as 4 fully finished ready for handles. AEB-L stainless 240mm gyuto, Western blade blanks. and can do so, once plans are in place.

I sure hope Pierre starts doing whatever is necessary to rectify the situation.

God Bless
    Randy

I appreciate the offers to help, and would accept them. I am not trying to screw anybody out of money or product. Yes all me an ass, deserved, call me a crook, I hope not. I have only recieved 3 emails form clients. I answered them. I dont know when I can get back into full swing. What do I do? I work in the oil field, you all know where that market is. I have no extra cash. FInancially I am in a bad way. I will finish the orders promised, I have not taken new orders in well over a year. I am at your mercy. I feel bad asking for time, but I need it.
    How do I proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    I appreciate the offers to help, and would accept them. I am not trying to screw anybody out of money or product. Yes all me an ass, deserved, call me a crook, I hope not. I have only recieved 3 emails form clients. I answered them. I dont know when I can get back into full swing. What do I do? I work in the oil field, you all know where that market is. I have no extra cash. FInancially I am in a bad way. I will finish the orders promised, I have not taken new orders in well over a year. I am at your mercy. I feel bad asking for time, but I need it.
    How do I proceed?
    I emailed you twice, no response.

You proceed by giving people's money back that wants it, including me.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-Refund-demand

It would be helpful if you would post how much you have in outstanding deposits and monthly updates on how your progress is in refunds and fulfilling orders. I suggest if you have any finished knives in your own collection, you offer them for sale on BST with the money going to refund people according to the age of their deposits.

The point is people need to see actions and progress not words at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    It would be helpful if you would post how much you have in outstanding deposits and monthly updates on how your progress is in refunds and fulfilling orders. I suggest if you have any finished knives in your own collection, you offer them for sale on BST with the money going to refund people according to the age of their deposits.

The point is people need to see actions and progress not words at this point...
    I am all for getting this sorted however posting details of what is owed to who etc is way to confidential to be posting publicly.

Perhaps a more appropriate request would purely be getting in contact, individually, to all with outstanding deposits and coming up with an appropriate resolution, be it refund, realistic delivery time, trade or whatever.