Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Unfilled orders- Affected Members Post Here-

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    I appreciate the thoughts and advice. If I had money to refund deposits I would. WIth the oil market the way it is (my livelyhood) And my health, I am between a rock and a hard place.
    I'd figure something out before liens start getting placed on your property.

  2. #82

    JohnnyChance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by alterwisser View Post
    Then don't delete my post... or at least tell me that you did and why you did it. I think I explained why I'm invested in this, but I'm happy to do that again in a separate post about how I feel custom makers are sometimes protected beyond what seems reasonable in this forum. I'd be happy to do that, but I'm not sure that's really wanted ...
    There have been several discussions on the relationships between custom makers, forums, the best way to operate a business as a knife maker and the pitfalls of relying on deposits. You are more than welcome to start a new one or find one of the old ones and add your piece to it. We are certainly not against any such discussion. This thread is for those who are owed work, it is a sticky. I'm sorry if you feel the moderation has been heavy handed but we are doing what we feel like will best result in resolution for everyone involved.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    182
    What a colossal ******* trainwreck.

    Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    You shouldn't have to remind someone that you gave them money to produce something. I feel like we've all let this type of behavior slide for a long time now.
    Yeah, we do some pretty amazing mental gymnastics around here to support, forgive, and coddle the guys who take our money without a second thought.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Anton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    883
    The whole thing is out of control.

    It's very disappointing how one guy's abuse of the "system" and members trust has temporarily derailed the greatness of the forum.

  5. #85
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
    The censorship is getting to be a bit much...
    It's not censorship, it's moderation. When you registered for the forum, you agreed to abide by the rules.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    The whole thing is out of control.

    It's very disappointing how one guy's abuse of the "system" and members trust has temporarily derailed the greatness of the forum.
    I disagree I believe the goodness in the forum is still here. We all have different opinions of course. Look at Will and others saying they would chip in and help.

    The problem with this situation is that it's stretched over many years with very little response from the vendor and various individuals involved.

    The other problem is that it Involves lots is money which always makes situations hostile. I am glad to see Pierre is at least trying to make an effort now. However I hope he sticks to his word. It's hard to believe a guy saying he's struggling when you see other evidence online and I only truly believe he's making the efforts because he been forced into, however I'm still thankful for that.

    This forum is still the best around IMO. Dave B have helped me out many times asking nothing in return as have many others on here. It's amazing how the majority of this forum can come together. This situation will most likely remain hostile until it is resolved. Right now we need actions not words from Pierre.

  7. #87
    Administrator
    daveb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just outside Tampa
    Posts
    5,407
    Thanks Rick. Thanks Jordan.

    Nothing more to see here.
    Older and wider..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •