• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takobiki, Tadatsuna 180 petty and nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
More interesting ones for sale as I further streamline my collection down to some core knives and my favorite oddball knives (whale knife!).
The first is a Sakai Takayuki Tokujou 330mm takobiki in white#2 with marble ferrule. It is in like-new condition and is absolutely gorgeous. The last person to sharpen it was Dave, and I have only used it a couple times since (I have narrowed my sashimi knives down to a sakimaru and a yanagi now so the others should go to other homes). A great example of the style, and is good for scoring and slicing boneless meats as well.
Takobiki $285 shipped CONUS

The next one up is a Tadatsuna 180mm petty knife with saya in INOX stainless steel. A light laser petty in excellent condition.
Petty $140 shipped CONUS

Lastly is an interesting variation on the common 'kansai' style nakiri we are used to. This one is a Tadatsuna 160mm Kantou style nakiri. As you can see, the heel on this style is more rounded and the nose end is tall. The blade is nice and thin and cuts like a laser. White#2 steel.
Nakiri $100 shipped CONUS

Right click view image to see full size

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

Those are all awesome looking knives!
It's a good thing I don't need a RH takobiki, or a new petty. Great stuff!

I like your petty...will make payment in the morning.

That Takobiki looks great. Hmm, trying to rationalize...dang, I wish I could use it.

That Takobiki looks great. Hmm, trying to rationalize...dang, I wish I could use it.

it is the right length too. i have one but in 270mm and felt that it is too short.

Yes, you should all buy the takobiki too, lol. Less than $300 shipped for a 330mm is a good no matter how you cut it.

And god, after selling a couple, I realize this forum loves wa-petties. I got like 6 offers already.

So Petty Sold.

That's a steal, too bad I'm a lefty.
Afaik this Tako should've been forged by Doi (around 2009 it's been said that he did all the yanagiba, usuba, kamagata usuba and kiritsuke forging of the Tokujou series).

Bishamon, Patty has arrived today and I love it.
By the way, you must be in packing business, right? :laugh:
How come your packing is so good??

Thanks again. Best, K

The point of good packing is to cover my own butt against damages, lol. I had glassware arrive last week that was totaled, and another order came missing stuff from the packing list after fedex 'replaced all original contents' from the original box to a new box for some reason...That kind of stuff really pisses me off. Handling/packing boxes is something a monkey could do with training, so I can't imagine what kind of jr. high dropouts are handling these things sometimes.

very good point. :biggrin:

The point of good packing is to cover my own butt against damages, lol. I had glassware arrive last week that was totaled, and another order came missing stuff from the packing list after fedex 'replaced all original contents' from the original box to a new box for some reason...That kind of stuff really pisses me off. Handling/packing boxes is something a monkey could do with training, so I can't imagine what kind of jr. high dropouts are handling these things sometimes.

Back