Damascus Gyuto Available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
I just added this gyuto to the store. Photos and specs are available in the store, HERE. Please let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks!

[video=youtube;XjR08d0HTjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjR08d0HTjg[/video]

Really nice blade. It's a very subtle blade, If regular damascus from Randy and Bill were ferraris this would be a Rolls Royce. The fact you used mokume as pin stock still amazes me. :knife:

Thanks GS. The higher layer count dictates a more subtle pattern, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with a lower layer count for a bold pattern.
The mokume pin takes considerably more time, but the details count.

What do you guys think of the videos? Do they give reference for the knives?

Defiantly a step up. Cris Anderson does the same. Defiantly a neat touch. Especially with dialog on the blade. You should keep on doing that. I'm just gonna sit here and hope you make another honyaki petty before my birthday.;) hint hint nudge nudge

Very organic. Is it a variant of "Dragons Breath"?
"Dragon's Breath" is Burke's nomenclature for the "feather pattern" in W's waving down the blade. Burke does an absolutely killer job in that pattern. I saw a high layer count version gyuto of his in person and OOOHHHH Baby was it nice! I don't know who was first to market with that pattern - Bruce Bump? Bill Burke? Maybe somebody else, I'm not sure.

I took the feather pattern, used a high layer count and manipulated the pattern in such a way that the center is pulled out with slight waves and abruptly transitioning to a bolder pattern perpendicular to the center near the heel and gradually waves out to the tip. I wanted to make something resembling an estuary. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back