Quantcast
I apologize. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I apologize.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    I believe I can understand your predicament a little better than maybe some others. Since my wife had a stroke in July she has been out on short term disability and the income has been decreased as well as we now have to pay her portion of the health insurance out of pocket. Your wife and mine are to young to have to endure those issues. I wish her the best and I know you will do what is right.

Also, if Dave is going to host a raffle for your benefit I will add one of my boards to the mix. This one is a 2 x 16 x 22 cherry board with walnut strips. I will pay the domestic shipping.

How about it Dave?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0019.jpg‎
Views:	28
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1679  

So I think there's a ton of desire to do it, it's just a technical limitation as few if any online payment/transfer services allow this kind of thing as I've come to learn. If it weren't for that, I think Dave would set it up in a heart beat.

No apology necessary Bill. Best of luck to you and your wife.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Dave Oivind's got a great idea but maybe on top of that you could set up a donation fund on you sight like Jon did for Heiji to help the Burke family out? We could post it on some of the other boards, know bills got a lot of friends out there. That way even if someone only has $5 to help out and cant bid in the auction they could help out too, add up to a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    So I think there's a ton of desire to do it, it's just a technical limitation as few if any online payment/transfer services allow this kind of thing as I've come to learn. If it weren't for that, I think Dave would set it up in a heart beat.
    Even with paypal fees the mony would help.

I'm hoping for the best for you and your family.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    sorry sorry to hear bill....hope eevrythiong works out for you.....ryan

p.s.-unfortunately we haven't figured out a solution for the raffles.....the last one didn't go well to say the least.....ryan
    I don't know how the last one went down but I have a idea. Dave collects the $$. then PM's me the name, I'll assign that person a number and right it down on paper. When all the tickets are soled I'll mail out a the list of names nod numbers and while the list is in us mail limbo the number can be picked that way no cheating can happen. Not that I think this would be necessary as I don't think Dave would cheat, but just a idea.

Perhaps an auction would be better than a raffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    I don't know how the last one went down but I have a idea. Dave collects the $$. then PM's me the name, I'll assign that person a number and right it down on paper. When all the tickets are soled I'll mail out a the list of names nod numbers and while the list is in us mail limbo the number can be picked that way no cheating can happen. Not that I think this would be necessary as I don't think Dave would cheat, but just a idea.
    The issue is that raffles are actually illegal in most states, and Paypal doesn't want to have any liability for helping run a raffle. So if they see any activity that looks like someone is receiving money from a raffle, they investigate, and in our case, found us right away. They shut it down, and ban the person running the raffle from Paypal.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Whatever the answer is or how this can be worked, I'm still good for the offer.

+ Reply to Thread