Quantcast
I apologize. - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    Whatever the answer is or how this can be worked, I'm still good for the offer.
    Me too. Best of wishes to your wife, Bill -

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Im a man of word. Shig is sent to Marko on monday I hope we can find a way to do this the right way. Since Im a norwegian Ill let you american find the way

Gonna have Darkhoek post a wip on the sharpening this weekend Gonna go through the jnats used to get the perfect polish and grind.
    For shig fans I found Haralds blog: http://***********************/search?...&max-results=7
    There you can see the knife yourselves. Its a great knife. The best cutter I have

David: Great board!

Then there will be 2 lotteries/raflles/auctions !!!
    Gotta love fundraising

I realize that this suggestion is somewhat stone age, butt what about having a raffle where people snail mail their money in check form?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

lol... makes sense to me

By the way, great idea on the raffle

I always love how the community comes together to help eachother in times of need

Checks are not used outside us :S

JBroida = you ended up getting 5000 USD for Heiji. Anything you like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by zitangy View Post
    Hi,
    I am saddened by such tragic news.. AS they say.. strike when the iron is hot... and also when the going gets tough... the tough gets going...

Since i am in the market for a knife , may I start the bid at USD$1,500 ? I hope that it is not too little?

Regards,
    david
    Im impressed You the best

personally, i believe that if you're giving money to a good cause and your intention is to help, why not just give the money anyways. Thats why when i do things like this, i only accept donations. Pay pal works just fine for that. We could just as easily raise money that way for bill.

(i hope this statement doent come off as abrasive as i'm worried it might... its not a judgement... just a statement of my personal beliefs and what i have done in the past)

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I would think the simplest way would be to do donations and then a "give away", where people post in the thread if they've donated. I don't think many in our community would cheat.

Bill: I wish you and your family the best.

+1 to what Jon said. You can still do a raffle (or auction), but having a simple donation system is quick and easy and allows small and large donations. You could even have it so that if you donate a certain amount, the your name automatically goes into a raffle and we just do that unofficial name thing as has been done before without having all of those technical issues that auctions entail.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I would think the simplest way would be to do donations and then a "give away", where people post in the thread if they've donated. I don't think many in our community would cheat.

Bill: I wish you and your family the best.
    Yep. Not officially tied, and totally voluntary. I'd even say, so that it's not a strict *** for tat which might cause issues, that people, while highly strongly incredibly encouraged to donate and will be thought ill of if trying to game the intent of this thing, not absolutely be required to donate.

Edit: LOL Sorry for my foul language. Apparently the forum software doesn't like my use of the word "t.it"