Charity Mosaic Board for fallen Dallas police officers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Loftis

KKF Vendor
Reaction score
Hi folks, as many of you know, our shop is in Dallas, TX. The shooting last night that has claimed five Dallas police officers is an incredible tragedy and I've been brooding about it all day. The feeling of sadness and helplessness is strong right now. There seems to be so little we can DO. Lots of talk, lots of opinions, lots of politics. But at the end of the day, a whole bunch of people died, and a whole bunch of wives lost their husbands and a whole bunch of children lost their dads.

Members of law enforcement and others have told me that Assist the Officer Dallas (www.atodallas.org) is the best charitable organization for police officers.

So... what I'd like to do is to make a nice custom mosaic butcher block that I'll "sell" for $500 (or more if you'd like). I will donate 100% of the proceeds (if you could pay shipping I'd appreciate it) to Assist the Officer Dallas. For those of you unfamiliar with the mosaic board (sometimes called a 'crazy board'), see other posts in this sub-forum or our Facebook page. It's the coolest cutting board I make, and each one is unique. They take me several weeks to fabricate, so it will be a while before I can get it to you.

I'd be willing to do a second board as a raffle or some other giveaway-- especially if it would generate greater revenue for ATO. If you are interested in getting a board, please email me directly at [email protected]

If you have ideas for how to do some other type of revenue-generating raffle, please let me know that as well.

If you'd like to spread the word about this, that would be great.

If I'm violating terms of use by doing this, then I'm sorry.

john

For those of you unfamiliar with the mosaic board (sometimes called a 'crazy board'), see other posts in this sub-forum or our Facebook page. It's the coolest cutting board I make, and each one is unique.

I hope you don't mind me posting the links and a couple pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/24287-New-butcher-block-crazy-board

The one in this thread is a bit lighter:
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1468016902.724965.jpg
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/24900-Crazy-Board-First-Impression

Back