Quantcast
300mm Damascus Suji. U.S. Pass-around - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 300mm Damascus Suji. U.S. Pass-around

I'm a home cook, have no experience with suji's, and have actually never held one in my hand other than a small kikuichi years ago. Nevertheless, I'd like to be in on this simply to be able to hold it in my hand, admire the level of craftsmanship, and trace it for future reference :-) Any comments I'd be able to make would probably be monosyllabic, like, oooooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh and wwwwhhhhhheeeeeeeeee. Should you consider me seriously, I'm smack dab in the middle of North Carolina.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Wow thanks for a great response Guys.
    re eschef. I'm really wanting to keep Customs to a minimum on this one, even though I would have loved you to try it. So U.S mainland only.

tgraypots, If your in the market for a Suji and know how to look after it. I'm happy to put you on the list. But you must appreciate its a fair bit of risk for me sending a knife abroad and as such am keeping it fairly limited and trying to get straight down to the business of working feedback/future customers..

Johndoughy glad to have you on board.

1. JohnnyChance
    2. Kalaeb
    3. SachemAllison
    4. SpikeC
    5. tk59
    6. El Pescador
    7. Wildboar
    8. Johndoughy
    11. Burlsource

Regards postage. Thanks for the tip Dave, i'll remember that. I have made an extra slot for Mark of burl source and he is going to post it back with a burl order. Thanks for agreeing to this Mark as I know you have the postage thing sorted. I'll send it out as a Sample so there won't be any mix up with taxes.
    I think I'll send it in a tube. Not a very pretty presentation case but will keep the weight and costs down. Was toying with the idea of making a box for it...but it could get heavy.....
    As I say if you are in the uk and would be interested in a future pass around drop me a line so I remember.

After you have your final list, I would also juggle the order to make the most efficient route. If there are any NYC guys on the list, I can hand deliver the knife, much like the TK59/El Pescador socal duo.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

All things considered, I'm gonna have to pass. Thanks for the opportunity though.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    After you have your final list, I would also juggle the order to make the most efficient route. If there are any NYC guys on the list, I can hand deliver the knife, much like the TK59/El Pescador socal duo.
    I'm in the city, when your ready pm me and I'll give you my contact info.
    and thanks, son

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    I'd jump in on this if there's still room.

There is indeed, Thankyou Vertigo. I'm going to reserve number 10 to invite for now. Many thanks Guys.

1. JohnnyChance
    2. SachemAllison
    3. Kalaeb
    4. SpikeC
    5. tk59
    6. El Pescador
    7. Wildboar
    8. Johndoughy
    9. Vertigo
    10. res
    11. Burlsource

Final list, if any one else lives near each other and can hand deliver, just let me know and i'l jiggle it a bit more

1. JohnnyChance
    2. SachemAllison
    3. Kalaeb
    4. SpikeC
    5. tk59
    6. El Pescador
    7. J.Brodia
    8. Wildboar
    9. Johndoughy
    10.Vertigo
    11.Burlsource

If those who haven't sent me their details can do that please, i'll pop on who has and hasn't. I'll try and get this off next week. Thanks all for signing up and have a great weekend.

Ok bear with me here Guys, here is the list rejigged geographically. Would those who have not sent details please send them. Should be able to get this in the post tomorrow. Exciting looking on the map, its going on quite a journey.

Johnny chance details received
    Sachem Allison details received
    John doughy details received
    Tk59
    El Pescador
    J.Borida details received
    Kalaeb
    Vertigo details received
    Wildboar details received
    SpkeC details received
    Burlsource details received

I've just given this the chinese 12K and nagura progression. (Playing with my new toys). Followed by chrome ox. I've ditched the micro bevel and just given it a 11/12 degree per side. No box for it I'm afraid. I was hoping to get the leather lady to make a sheath for it. But she is not very clued up about sheaths yet. So will have to work on that one with her for the future. But I will double tape the edge and will be snug and secure inside a cardboard postal tube.