Quantcast
300mm Damascus Suji. U.S. Pass-around - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 300mm Damascus Suji. U.S. Pass-around

Sounds like fun. I could compare it to a Takeda and Kanemasa. I would, by practicality, be the last on the list due to my remote location. I would'nt feel offended if you are uncomfortable about having this knife in transit for weeks.

Beautiful wok!

D
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Well, it's purdy. Looks a lot like my 310 Harner actually (avatar pic). I can't give a knife this big a hard workout at home unfortunately, so I am no help
    I look forward to seeing some thoughts though. Congrats on your first passaround! It takes thick skin to offer your blood sweat and tears up for criticism.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I would love to try this one out!

Your work intrigues me. I hope there's room!

That is an amazing looking knife. I live in the UK but I don't think I would use such a knife enough to give you any useful feedback. I'm sure the people on the list will give you a lot of interesting ideas though, these passarounds are always interesting to read even if you aren't actually on them

You should look into a way to keep your fees low for when the knife comes back from the US to the UK. The dues can be outrageous, for "foreign" product coming into England, etc. See if marking it as "Made in UK", or something along those lines can save you the $20...or £.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

It's his property = no customs charges.

Yeah, I'd just make sure it's obvious that it's his property, or at the least, that it is a domestic product. We all know how customs can be.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

For sure. I have sent a lot of stuff between the two. The customs charges on a $800 knife would be around 180GBP iirc, so it pays to be cautious!

Awesome looking cutter! I wouldnt be able to do proper testing or have comparisons. But I look forward to the reviews and think this knife is going to be a big hit.. Keep up the great work.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

If that package (and customs paperwork) is marked "return to original sender" and he retains the original receipt from shipping he'll probably be good to go.

Nice knife!

+ Reply to Thread