Quantcast
J-Nat Club - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J-Nat Club

Second Try

You must forgive me. I am new to the forum scene. Lets try again. For a description and my thoughts on each stone see my previous post. Thanks for being patient.

Shoubudani Asagi

Ozuku Asagi

Ozuku

Ozuku Razor Hone

Traveler Ozukus

Ohira

Okunomon Suita

Hideriyama Renge Suita

Full Sized Tenjyou

Takashima Myokakudani

Belgian Blue

Nagura sets and finger stones- Botan, Tenjyou, Ozuku Asagi Tomonagura, Large nakayama kiita tomonagura

Oh no need to apologize

But, if you be so kind to say a few words about the stones, perfomance, approx grit or anything, that'd be awesome

I'll have to work on my pic's...

So far my Japanese naturals are only used for my razors. Lucky for me the collection is small or I'd be tempted to sell off the extra stones and that would bite...

can anyone comment in detail about tsushima? particularly in comparison to 'good' aotos.

very different... tsushima is much harder and usually not anywhere near as muddy. Grit ranges can be similar, but thats about it.

There is many different Tsushimas some is super soft and some is very hard. Grit range i find them to be much finer then Aotos though

my first jnat: aoto from maxim

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    There is many different Tsushimas some is super soft and some is very hard. Grit range i find them to be much finer then Aotos though
    Very fine, I agree, 8k maybe. I've only seen hard ones. Do you carry the soft kind?

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    my first jnat: aoto from maxim
    Is that his last green aoto? Thanks for picking that up... saved me some money

How is it?

Nah, not a 'green' Atagoyama. It's a blue or traditional one, I believe. Could be good. Is it vintage? ($$$)

As for Tsushima - Above Panda asked about Tsushima, not Takashima. Just checking people have read this right as the two names are often confused. (Maxim?)

Tsushima are very uniform and consistent, at least by reputation and going by the one I have. No worries about lines, intrusions and whatnot, which is good. Not super fast, though. Range 5k-8k if from JNS so, yes, finer than Aoto, including the red and green Atagoyama akapin (aka aoto).