New Camera! No more bad photos.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
My old camera died the other day so I had to get a new one.
Now I have no excuse for any more bad photos.

The new camera takes photos that look like the wood actually looks in real life.

Here is an example photo of some redwood.

group001.jpg

I dunno, man, looks more like tanwood to me!

:biggrin:

if it has manual settings you can use a tripod and change the settings to really get sharp shots

if it has manual settings you can use a tripod and change the settings to really get sharp shots

At first I thought ***, then I put on my glasses and remembered this photo was taken without the tripod.
Sucks getting old(-ish)
The individual photos I took using the tripod are sharper.
b2281a.jpg

Next start playing with custom white balance settings to dial in your color accuracy.

i had even thought about having a color card in the picture so the buyer could tune there eyes to what blue red and green look like on there monitor + white

i had even thought about having a color card in the picture so the buyer could tune there eyes to what blue red and green look like on there monitor + white

That would be awesome but it would only work well if people had the same color card. Even easier, you can put a 15% grey card in the shot and people can calibrate to that. Most people aren't aware of color accuracy as a problem though, so it might just be confusing. I half-way know what I am doing and still mess it up sometimes.

Looks like the shots I am getting are pretty true to actual color.
002.jpg

The camera is a Canon Power Shot SX 30.

I lost internet for about a day and a half and just got it back.
Gave me some time to experiment with the different settings on the camera.

looks like a good camera with nice specs for shooting pics of products. It has high ISO and manual mode, great buy.

I paid about $350 including the 4g memory thingy. Seemed reasonable.

I figured out how to set the white balance to my light conditions.
I also tried a delay on the shutter of 2 seconds even though I am using a tripod.

Photos look better but still need work.

2 issues I notice;
Solid black turns out gray, see the number on sticker.
The lower edge has slight blur.
These were with the flash on, adjusted white balance and macro setting.

s2354a.jpg

s2354b.jpg

Back