• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Red Orca 210 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgertooth

Reaction score
A massive 210 at 277g. It's sold on JCK as a gyuto but I'd encourage anyone looking for a robust butcher to consider it. A powerful hamaguri edge comprised of Aogami super is sandwiched between mild Damascus steel cladding. It also has a really nicely done linen micarta handle

I didn't like the finish left on the knife so I thinned it off and refinished it myself. Not JKI perfect, but nicer than it came with and will make any attempt to maintain and refinish by the next owner a thousand times easier. There are a few scratches from refinishing visible if you scrutinise closely in natural light but nothing I'd be able to even photograph and it is priced accordingly.

Since marrying a vegetarian I have precious little chance for doing my own butchery which is what this knife's forte would be. It looks more like what Watanabe San calls a Kaibou or that intense Masahiro Atama-otoshi.

$170 + $20 shipping most places

Cutting edge length 210mm
Total Length: 355mm
Blade Thickness: 3.2mm
Blade Width:45mm
Handle Length:128mm
Total Weight: 277g

Would you be up for any trades? I sent you a PM

SPF
And an absolute pleasure chatting to a newer member over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back