Wtb small brass piece

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me out with a small piece of brass in 1/8" thickness, just a 1 1/4" square for an endcap of a wa handle. I am still not sure whether I want to continue with metal pieces and hesitate to buy a whole sheet just for this one piece I need...

Thanks,

Stefan

Couldn't one just get some piece of brass hardware - door lock cover, hinge... from a diy store and cut a piece out of it?

I just assumed that one of the knife makers or hobbyists surely has a piece somewhere. I can get a 5"x10" sheet for $30ish shipped, but I only really need this one piece in that particular strength.

Stefan

Late to the party. Did you find your brass, Stefan? I have some brass hex rod that measures 1 1/4 point-to-opposite-point and would be more than happy to slice you off a sliver.
-Mark

Sorry for being late - under the weather for a few days and then distracted at work. I found a solution. I outsourced cutting and drilling nickel silver and brass spacers and end cap pieces to someone who has much better metal tools than I have. That should solve some of my issues I have with them.

Thanks for your thoughts and offers!

Stefan

Hi Stefan, I may have some brass for you (but I have to check up in my mountain place - the original owners tried out lots of different arts & crafts but were only really good at drinking whiskey and smoking cigars :doublethumbsup: ... not bad for two old ladies ... but they had lots and lots of "stuff" lying around and I know I have both copper and brass pieces just don't know the thicknesses). Will be up there this Sunday and let you know / if I find anything of interest! I will just send it (no $$ my treat as it lets me get rid of more 'stuff') unless you tell me you don't want it - just PM me if you don't want it ... sorry for not seeing this earlier but wouldn't have been up to the house until now anyway.

Hope all is well!

TjA

Hi Stefan, I may have some brass for you (but I have to check up in my mountain place - the original owners tried out lots of different arts & crafts but were only really good at drinking whiskey and smoking cigars :doublethumbsup: ... not bad for two old ladies ... but they had lots and lots of "stuff" lying around and I know I have both copper and brass pieces just don't know the thicknesses). Will be up there this Sunday and let you know / if I find anything of interest! I will just send it (no $$ my treat as it lets me get rid of more 'stuff') unless you tell me you don't want it - just PM me if you don't want it ... sorry for not seeing this earlier but wouldn't have been up to the house until now anyway.

Hope all is well!

TjA

Thanks! Always interested in unique pieces I can work into handles, but my immediate need for brass will be met soon, I hope. Not exactly what I had in mind, but a good alternative.

Stefan

Back