bitcoin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianton

Reaction score
I have been aware of bitcoin for a few years(digital currency) but just recently started using and purchasing. Seems like a growing trend with many applications. As of now I have only used it to make international payments for good, as it allows you to bypass any kind of centralized banking and currency conversion. Do you have any experience or knowledge with bitcoin? Do you think it will grow and become a stable form of currency?

All I know is I missed out on the rush--and easy gains. It's not profitable to mine for coins nowadays given the overhead of space and electricity needed to host a successful mining operation. However, there are companies that rent GPU compute hours over the web to mine bit coins if you want to try it out. There was a interesting story about a teenager a few years back running a multi-million dollar drug ring with bitcoins. His operation was eventually shut down by the feds.

All I know is I missed out on the rush--and easy gains.

I remember reading about it fairly early on, and regret not risking a few hundred dollars on it. Not sure what the future holds for the market at this point.

There was a interesting story about a teenager a few years back running a multi-million dollar drug ring with bitcoins. His operation was eventually shut down by the feds.

It was called the "Silk Road," and the founder got life in prison without the possibility of parole: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)

Back