• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hattori Forum 240mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Oldie but goodie for sale. This is a very lightly used Hattori Forum Gyuto . It's got a great edge put on by TK59. I bought this knife a while ago and felt it was too nice to use in a pro kitchen. The fit and finish on these knives is truly exceptional. If you're looking for a great western handled gyuto at a very reasonable price this is it.

$180 OBO IMAG0023.jpgIMAG0027.jpgIMAG0022.jpg

This is a VG-10 blade. I will tell you that it has a great feel on the stones. Usually, I'm not a big fan of VG-10. The chippiness. The ****** feel on the stones. Edge retention. This knife's the exception. While not perfect, it does feel good on the stones compared to a lot of other stainless, including other VG-10 blades.

In addition to the exceptional heat treat, the blade profile sports a gentle curve that lends itself to being an exceptional rock-chopper.

Judd, I'd have to agree that these knives sharpen differently (nicer feeling) than most VG-10 knives. I noticed this the very first time I touched one and every time since.

i have always great things about the hattori forum. was just curious if they ever did the upgrade.

what i'm most curious about those knives is the handle though

The handle is awesome. I pinch grip so it ain't super important, but it is the only Western handled knife I ever use now

The handle is awesome. I pinch grip so it ain't super important, but it is the only Western handled knife I ever use now

i pinch grip too, and my 240 FH gyuto is the only western gyuto i've kept around, and the handle is a big part of why.

It always surprises me how the FH doesn't get much cred on the forums. I think it is the perfect answer to all the non-obsessive newbies just looking for a nice knife to replace their German stuff.

i pinch grip too, and my 240 FH gyuto is the only western gyuto i've kept around, and the handle is a big part of why.

+1 on the handle. It is the only western knife I own that I would not consider re-handling.

It always surprises me how the FH doesn't get much cred on the forums. I think it is the perfect answer to all the non-obsessive newbies just looking for a nice knife to replace their German stuff.

I agree. It was the first proper J-Knife I bought and the story behind its creation was one of the reasons why. I think it is a perfect first J-Knife, has a very classy look and design and performs excellently

Back