CCK 1101, 1102 or 1103

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyprofane

Reaction score
Inspired by this thread: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...course-on-why-I-love-Chinese-Cleavers-re-post
I've decided I also want to try out a big Chinese cleaver.

I want to get either a CCK 1101, 1102 or 1103 and wondering which ones people here have and recommend?

At the moment I'm leaning towards the 1103 as it seems to be the most popular but that might be just because it's the one that's easiest available and I'm open for one of the bigger models.

Also wondering if anybody has ordered it directly from CCK in Hong Kong?

If you have a Chinese grocer or restaurant supply store nearby, I'd suggest checking out their cleavers before buying anything larger than a CCK 1103. It's already a fairly sizable knife. The 110x series are larger, thicker, and heavier blades than the corresponding 130x models. The CCK 1303 is probably the most common size I've seen in Chinese households.

If you have never tried a cleaver before you shouldn´t start with anything larger than the 1103, which is, by the way, very large by any standard. I have many full size cleavers and the widest I have is the 1103. I am very ok with that but I found it a bit odd at first.

Back